northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup... looks another big storm is right on its heels at 228-240 and probably on with the dual low structure off the East coast

I like the fact that the ggem takes the low across the se and off of NC and not up the tn valley. I'm not out to the end yet but I don't really take the ggem all that seriously either. 

looks like a bit more...around 0.5" QPF?

I think so. More se and less nw. It's hard with wxbell because they don't have 24 hour precip panels. You have to add up 50 shades of grey and have to squint to see the green shading with 6 hour panels. I don't have regional views. 

Sorry, Bob, which storm are you referring to? Wednesday? OR Monday?

Sorry, Monday. GGEM has about .08+/- Wed, .20+/- Sat, and between .3 - .6 Monday depending on where you live. NW areas don't do as well. 

GGEM is a pretty big hit on Wed next week. Approx .75" all snow.

So we are basically dealing with 5 tightly spaced waves. Tomorrow, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed. You would think that out of 5 chances we can do well with one or more right? I can't imagine cartoppers and rain only here. Too many chances for something to come together in acceptable fashion. 

So we are basically dealing with 5 tightly spaced waves. Tomorrow, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed. You would think that out of 5 chances we can do well with one or more right? I can't imagine cartoppers and rain only here. Too many chances for something to come together in acceptable fashion. 

I think everyone's expectation is to have some big kahuna flatten us. That's the problem with all of these waves though is that nothing has time to dig. Still, I agree with you that we have to get something out of these 5 waves. I'm optimistic.

lol

yes...lol Canadians

0.5", 1", 2", 6", 8-10"...I double my snow total in the next 9 days!

I think everyone's expectation is to have some big kahuna flatten us. That's the problem with all of these waves though is that nothing has time to dig. Still, I agree with you that we have to get something out of these 5 waves. I'm optimistic.

Big march snow is just too rare to expect at all. We start fighting climo too hard and too much can go wrong. Last year was a classic example. lol

At least we have active flow and cold air around over the next 2 weeks. If we had to put all our eggs in one basket we would probably come out on the losing end. I'm all for and interested in any event that can deliver a non-slantsticked 1". 

I'm hoping for as much snow as possible for as long as possible...I hope at least one of these events causes major disruption to everyday life, causing traffic debacles, power outages, trees down, treacherous roads, school closings, government closings, and otherwise to be as crippling as possible....I'm not kidding...

I'm hoping for as much snow as possible for as long as possible...I hope at least one of these events causes major disruption to everyday life, causing traffic debacles, power outages, trees down, treacherous roads, school closings, government closings, and otherwise to be as crippling as possible....I'm not kidding...

I believe a lot of people feel the same as you do. Including me...

co sign

lets hope its a southern slider and DC gets the brunt of it

Archived