12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think JB is hammering the cold drum a bit too hard. The snow cover is decreasing...

Snow cover is decreasing around here, but not up north. That all doesn't matter though.

The mean trough is still locked into the area, and it will continue to be past mid-month.

Once the ground is bare, we should gain at least 5° on our highs despite snow cover to the north. Nights will still be chilly though.

-16° departure so far this month.  :axe:

MonthTDeptMRCC.png

If the forecast as it is, holds for the whole week than the departure will be closer to -9° and change.

Don't look at the 12z GFS if you want spring...

GGEM is similar. Potential snowstorm around March 16th-17th followed by a very strong clipper on the 18th-19th and another strong high moving in from Canada after that. 

Can I lock in the 0z ggem and euro please, thanks, still looking for a storm over 7" here for the whole season. Every single major storm has missed me south (just like the MKE guys)... 0z euro at 192 has a 998mb low tracking thru chicago and 0z ggem at 192 has 1000mb just north of detroit lol :D

All time snow record looking like a lock for Detroit.

100" would be dankity dank

I can't think of many places in the lower 48 outside of the mountains or the lake belts that can say they have hit triple digits for a yearly snowfall. Truly a rare feat if achieved.

I can't think of many places in the lower 48 outside of the mountains or the lake belts that can say they have hit triple digits for a yearly snowfall. Truly a rare feat if achieved.

I know it hasn't been an outstanding winter everywhere but your area, my area, you just have to shake your head.  We are like 300% of our average annual seasonal snowfall right now.

Only ones I can think of are the Wisconsin triplets...Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee. Of the official sites anyways.

Archived