joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday and Monday are coldest on the EURO, then by Thursday it's back into upper 30s to mid 40s in the southern half of the sub forum. 

Rain system south of a Sheboygan to Saginaw Bay line late in the week. Little bit of snow north of there.

Sunday and Monday are coldest on the EURO, then by Thursday it's back into upper 30s to mid 40s in the southern half of the sub forum. 

Rain system south of a Sheboygan to Saginaw Bay line late in the week. Little bit of snow north of there.

Local Mets calling for fundamental pattern change next weekend with conditions finally becoming springlike. Hopefully they are right.

Local Mets calling for fundamental pattern change next weekend with conditions finally becoming springlike. Hopefully they are right.

We just need to get rid of the polar vortex in both the troposphere and stratosphere. It's already collapsing high up.

EURO op run wasn't too bad really.

I don't have anything planned right now... But I'll take one for the team and schedule something

Please do! Its been an awesome winter so i cant say making it or not making it would make a difference to me (of course id like to make it), but missing the record would be perfect to toss in the emergency complaint box for some when theres nothing else to complain about. You know, even though most cities didnt even have snowfall records in 1880, which means we would have already smashed our snowiest winter "on record" had our records started in the mid or late 1880s like most :) so lets just get 3" and make it all a moot point!

Euro holds onto cold in the LR. Just yesterday it was showing balmy conditions finally. Even the LR GEM backed off on the warm up starting end of next week.

Winter needs to die.

I think this is going to be a spring where we see occasional spikes of warmth that are beaten back by more cold. Often years when an El Nino comes on see a warm May, though.

Archived