CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well close out March on the snowy side. If DTW skates by without breaking the record I will be pissed. Spring is coming, Deedler is going with below normal through mid April then above normal temps to follow into May and beyond. Should be fun getting there though.

Might as well close out March on the snowy side. If DTW skates by without breaking the record I will be pissed. Spring is coming, Deedler is going with below normal through mid April then above normal temps to follow into May and beyond. Should be fun getting there though.

There are gonna be some epic lake breezes in late May and early June if "above normal" temps actually occur then.

Seriously, what are we doing at this point? Chance of a big dog, already low enough in the heart of winter, are basically non-existent at this point. Not chasing any records locally. Others have already broken theirs (LAF, TOL). Give DTW its 3" and let's get rested for 14-15.

Agreed.

Though I'm always gamed for a Big Dog.

:clap:

Your opinion i could understand IF you lived in the region but you don't? :P

Been something to watch winter lovers turning on winter or at least becoming indifferent.  But the ultimate jawdropper for me would be if michsnowfreak turns.

I admit i am at the point where i say just give me that record and i don't care what happens. I'll follow ofcourse even after it breaks ( assuming it does ) and wont complain. April has always been one of the i don't care what happens month's because of climo which says anything is possible in these parts. Expecting anything in April is setting yourself up.. Same can be applied to March.

Seriously, what are we doing at this point? Chance of a big dog, already low enough in the heart of winter, are basically non-existent at this point. Not chasing any records locally. Others have already broken theirs (LAF, TOL). Give DTW its 3" and let's get rested for 14-15.

our 3 biggest dogs on record occurred in the timeframe between Feb 18th and April 7th.  

One could argue Columbus is in the midst of their Big Dog Season :lol:

our 3 biggest dogs on record occurred in the timeframe between Feb 18th and April 7th.  

One could argue Columbus is in the midst of their Big Dog Season :lol:

Many forget that most of our normals highs ( especially up this way/North of i-80 ) are what they are in January and soon to be Feb in DC/Baltimore..

The sun will turn purple before that happens...

I'll hang up my shovel too. After the near white out conditions yesterday and the warmth of the day before this weather is perfect for March...... So what winter holds the most record events of all time????

post-7675-0-47920900-1394766190_thumb.jp

Been something to watch winter lovers turning on winter or at least becoming indifferent.  But the ultimate jawdropper for me would be if michsnowfreak turns.

I have no problem when winters over..but I will NEVER turn down snow. In fact, as much as I hate heat, I wish I could fast forward right to summer after the snow stops to get rid of god-awful allergy season.

I'm sick of winter where I live too, basically everywhere.

Yeah you got into the better cold and i assume snow as well vs those just to our south in the PAC NW? Knowing your love for severe action i have to imagine you don't have much love for your location? Talking the climate.. Ofcourse i would love one of your summers.

Yeah you got into the better cold and i assume snow as well vs those just to our south in the PAC NW? Knowing your love for severe action i have to imagine you don't have much love for your location? Talking the climate.. Ofcourse i would love one of your summers.

I like where I live (hard not to), but yeah obviously I'm not in the best place to see severe weather first hand. I am planning on making my way out sometime in the near future though during the season for a couple weeks of chasing hopefully.

You've had at least one (2009). :P

I'm not sure if you were here for the other Summer from hell (1992)...

I like where I live (hard not to), but yeah obviously I'm not in the best place to see severe weather first hand. I am planning on making my way out sometime in the near future though during the season for a couple weeks of chasing hopefully.

Oh yeah the beauty out there makes up for alot. Good luck on the chase.. Wouldn't mind going on one myself out in the Plains but the wife is a huge obstacle in the way of that happening. lol

At the rate this winter is going i may have 2. :devilsmiley: Thus no i was not here for 1992.

This winter is like that ex-girlfriend you keep going back to. You just want it to be over, but you can't stand to miss out on good sex.

FYP

I spent most of my summer in Italy that year. I remember when I got back in late August/Early September temps were in the 50's/60's and everyone looked pale as hell. Apparently no one got sun that sun that summer

So we have a miss to the south with System #1 and a miss to the north with system #2.

As long as neither system dumps big dog snow amounts in any one location, I'm ok with that.

System #2 miss to the north  :huh:  maybe but that is not set in stone at all.

Why do you care what others get ... kind of bitter-casting don't you think.

That post wasn't intended to come across as "bittercasting."

But I did want to state for the record that it would be quite annoying as heck, considering Detroit's overall winter weather stats versus its big dog stats, if yet another one big dog misses in either direction.

If it's a 6-10" type of deal with both storms, eh, I can live with missing both of them.

Archived