TO OCCUR AROUND 23-03Z. THESE AREAS WILL BE IN CLOSEST PROXIMITY TO

THE TRACK OF THE SFC LOW AND ACCOMPANYING STRONGEST ASCENT...AND AN

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM CANNOT BE RULED OUT WITH THE HIGHEST OF THESE

RATES. RAIN MAY INITIALLY OCCUR WITH THE PRECIPITATION OVER CAPE COD

THROUGH LATE AFTERNOON. HOWEVER...DESCENDING WET-BULB FREEZING

HEIGHTS WILL GIVE WAY TO A HEAVY WET SNOW BY EARLY EVENING WHILE

SUB-FREEZING ISOTHERMAL LAYERS AOB H7 PROMOTE EFFICIENT SNOW

AGGREGATION. ALSO...STRONG WINDS NW OF THE LOW TRACK WILL YIELD

BLOWING/DRIFTING SNOW AND AREAS OF BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

..COHEN.. 02/15/2014

post-2106-0-34674900-1392495843_thumb.gi

someone just shoot me now....and there are plenty of people who got plenty of snow in the last system who will get plenty again today

Yea I don't really care when SE mass rains because I remember all of these deals...and for those in ESNE who got snow the other day they're going to do well again today... just a screwjie for our area respectively this year... SWCT even cleaned up

If you ignore the QPF on the models, they've done very well highlighting that blue shaded area for the last 24 hours.

Indeed. I went to now casting early this am by watching radar and obs. I pop in occasionally to see who is bridge jumping, tossing this model or that model. The emotions running very high in here today. LOL

curious as to how far west this gets. ORH (at least NE side) has been snowing moderately now for about 1.5 hrs. Looks like we are on the westernmost edge of potentially 1" hr rates. NAM delivering up to 0.75? We'll see. What are the pros saying about the storm? In agreement with NWS map posting/ predictions, or, are they wacky? Its hard to follow the different reasoning here today.

Yea I don't really care when SE mass rains because I remember all of these deals...and for those in ESNE who got snow the other day they're going to do well again today... just a screwjie for our area respectively this year... SWCT even cleaned up

there is nothing we can do about the weather but its the truth that it has been pedestrian at best considering how well just about everyone to the se and sw has done.....it will likely be a long time before we get this many chances again in the winter and this year we just havent done much with them....i had resigned myself to 3 or so inches for this one and now it looks like we may not even do that but i keep hoping for a miracle and keep being called a debbie by folks who are one to two hundred pct above climo lol

I personally think it's funny. Logan is more likely to verify blizzard than BVY.

They just don't want to let the hype spin out of control with the largest city being in a blizzard, but like it or not people are going to call it a blizzard.

It's a completely ass backwards mindset. People are much more aware, cautious, and safe during a blizzard. However, they don't warn because they don't want the storm to be overhyped? Makes zero sense to me, absurd.

there is nothing we can do about the weather but its the truth that it has been pedestrian at best considering how well just about everyone to the se and sw has done.....it will likely be a long time before we get this many chances again in the winter and this year we just havent done much with them....i had resigned myself to 3 or so inches for this one and now it looks like we may not even do that but i keep hoping for a miracle and keep being called a debbie by folks who are one to two hundred pct above climo lol

What comes around will go around...climo will even out over time.  It has been one helluva season for the coastal plain in general though.  Let 'em have it while they've got it.  You know a winter will come up when its raining every storm in those same areas, and snowing deep deep winter in the interior.

It's a completely ass backwards mindset. People are much more aware, cautious, and safe during a blizzard. However, they don't warn because they don't want the storm to be overhyped? Makes zero sense to me, absurd.

I mean the warning should for the most part be objective. Do conditions meet criteria? I think BOS has a really good chance to hit blizzard. It's a little bootleg since the airport juts out into the water, but it is what it is.

I personally think it's funny. Logan is more likely to verify blizzard than BVY.

They just don't want to let the hype spin out of control with the largest city being in a blizzard, but like it or not people are going to call it a blizzard.

It is funny how they leave BOS out of it all the time, haha.  That must drive the weenies nuts.  There's some odd satisfaction about being under a Blizzard Warning...really sets the mood for a storm.

Archived