Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HFS nudged east

It's been a little lost with this but only marginally more than the over banded models.  RGEM pushed .5 west.  4km NAM came way west hitting a lot of Plymouth county with 15-20". 

GFS at least is picking up on the banding signal..almost...but it's out of time.

If we ended up with some near historic numbers down around here it'll be a big turd burger for the GFS imo. 

If Box map is anywhere close to verifying, huge coup for the GFS. First model to depict anything close to this when NAM/Euro were still showing cirrus / barely advisory for eastern MA. Let's not revise history on this.

Been away all day, just now reviewing data / models from the day.

Messenger, I love ya and you're one of my favorite posters, but step back from the wet towel thing... supported by any of the big models. NAM/GFS/EC 12z all have your area at least a foot and big hits for eastern MA in general. 15z HRRR limits sustained 1-2"/hr rate to Boston south and east and 4km NAM depicts similar.

If Box map is anywhere close to verifying, huge coup for the GFS. First model to depict anything close to this when NAM/Euro were still showing cirrus / barely advisory for eastern MA. Let's not revise history on this.

Messenger, I love ya and you're one of my favorite posters, but step back from the wet towel thing... supported by any of the big models. NAM/GFS/EC 12z all have your area at least a foot and big hits for eastern MA in general. 15z HRRR limits sustained 1-2"/hr rate to Boston south and east and 4km NAM depicts similar.

GFS/Ukie will have nailed this with 6 inch amounts from 91 east

I think it may have the idea to a point, this is a Messenger special for sure.

Within 15 miles of here either way, it's tough to say yet where it really wants to setup.

West of the band between 24 and 95 the 20z HRRR drops totals off very quickly.  Remains to be seen how much further west the band gets.

Within 15 miles of here either way, it's tough to say yet where it really wants to setup.

West of the band between 24 and 95 the 20z HRRR drops totals off very quickly.  Remains to be seen how much further west the band gets.

As usual the RAP ramps down within T+4 hours. That model is classic...you always know it is too far west...such a bias...I only use it for trends really. 

I may get kissed by the banding, but looks like GHG south FTW.

As usual the RAP ramps down within T+4 hours. That model is classic...you always know it is too far west...such a bias...I only use it for trends really. 

I may get kissed by the banding, but looks like GHG south FTW.

it's going to be close I think it's west of you as the boundary.  Problem is as you know it'll be a steeper transition possibly than even the mesos show with a sharp drop from 10" to much less. 

The most epic band right now is between 24 and 95 just about over KTAN.  Notice the OKX radar shows the spiral now starting to drop out and the returns beginning to do the same in parts of CT. 

The heaviest returns that are south of the cape are struggling to move NW and are washing out before they reach the canal.  Still not convinced the RGEM is entirely wrong.

You can sort of see the NW movement slow too. 

Definitely slowing as the feature se of OKX begins to drop e/se.  Radar is far more impressive than what is actually falling here.  But be careful you're going to be accused of being a Debbie in microanalyzing the current condition (more significantly you're not stating a more favorable outcome)

Someone asked...about 1.7" here. 

Definitely slowing as the feature se of OKX begins to drop e/se.  Radar is far more impressive than what is actually falling here.  But be careful you're going to be accused of being a Debbie in microanalyzing the current condition (more significantly you're not stating a more favorable outcome)

Someone asked...about 1.7" here. 

It's heavy here. I don't see anything  wrong with radar.

I think we gotta give it more than 3 Frames before deciding its washing out

it's actually pretty well forecast.  Those returns will struggle for a bit to make it much further west until the entire thing begins to tilt more N S in a few hours.

Meanwhile the band between 95 and 24 is taking no prisoners.  Narrow but what a punch.

Archived