amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 12-13 Storm, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem happened @ 60 when this little peanut couldn't keep his act together and poofed. By the time the good close happened it was a tad too late. Turn this little peanut into basketball and we get destroyed. 

attachicon.gifpeanut.JPG

gonna be one very buried peanut. long live the (eastward headed) king.

CWG predictions as of 11:15. Seems fair, obviously keeping a potential low outcome in play.

Probability of 1″+:

DC/Balt/Fredericksburg: 80%,

Frederick/Loudoun/Warrenton 85%

Probability of 4″+

DC/Balt/Fredericksburg: 60%, Frederick/Loudoun/Warrenton 70%

Probability of 8″+

DC/Balt/Fredericksburg: 45%, Frederick/Loudoun/Warrenton 55%

Bob anything in particular we need for the GFS to come full circle (pun intended)? Earlier phase?

Everything is right there on the table and so close. All the good solutions close off h5 earlier or in a better spot. Euro is way early. Like @ 1am Thurs over western TN. Probably part of the reason it has the furthest west track. 

SLP track is sweet on the gfs. Deform/comma sig is there but it's kinda weak. The easiest way to get there is the upper level low to close off anywhere west of DC. It would really make the nw side of the low go nuts. 

Even if h5 doesn't close, digging deep and going neutral quicker helps a ton. Honestly, the gfs is already there for a good storm. I'm no longer concerned about it. Tonight's run is the furthest east solution IMO. It gets better from here. 

And I still think we mix near the cities. Chasing all snow will prob get some feelings hurt. 

I always find it interesting (and sometimes comical) to see how the local TV mets interpret the same things we are looking at here. Doug Hill just had a graphic:

Accumulating snow: 60%

5+ inches: 30%

Historic storm: 5%

No snow: 5%

Pretty conservative, but I can't fault it. He knows DC.

He went 8-14" for PD2....lol....even Bob Ryan was 18-24" 

Actually I thought he was quite a bit more mellow than usual (at least in the second half, what I listened in to)

Ditto....Dave hasn't changed...

Actually I thought he was quite a bit more mellow than usual (at least in the second half, what I listened in to)

He kinda busted about TWC somewhat early...but yeah, chilled out.

Archived