e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reason I hate the :weenie: model runs are they put that :mapsnow: thought into your head. 

A decent or even a major storm is the outcome but that :weenie: model run or two makes you think "If only" or "it could have been EPIC".

:clap: DTX for staying conservative.  While yes they can still bust it is starting to look more and more solid.

come on..hope. hope

lol, it's all good. Enjoying what I got and rooting for everyone else. :)

Daily record snowfall for IND today. Keep racking 'em up.

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT INDIANAPOLIS IN...

A NEW RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL HAS BEEN SET AT INDIANAPOLIS

INDIANA. A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 3.8 INCHES HAS FALLEN AS OF 7

PM...WITH MORE SNOWFALL ON THE WAY THE REST OF THE EVENING. THIS

BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 3.6 INCHES SET IN 1948.

I had 1.5" at 6:30pm. Really hasn't done much since then. Think we're good for another 2 or so, if the deformation snows don't miss us to the north.

Well, we'll see. I think although it may under-perform a bit, there's almost no chance you get a total of less than 4", and a very good chance you go 6"+. Defo zone snows missing you to the north likely won't happen. Upper low is going to be shearing out rather than wrapping up. Everything across IA/MO/IL should collapse a bit in time.

Whether or not we bust on totals, the snow did not waste any time when it started here. I was driving just south of FWA airport on I 469 at about 4:40 this afternoon when I saw a wall of white coming at me. I went from driving 75 to 40 within a minute with 1/4 mile visibilities.

I was expecting the usual saturation deal where it starts spitting and gradually increases in intensity. Really wish I had a dash cam.

Anyway, if I can score 6", I'll be a happy camper. Like Joe, anything over 6 I consider major.

hmmmm...

attachicon.gifFeb42.JPG

Where did Thundersnow go? I have to ask him some questions about where all the moisture went.

Well first hot shot, you need to be looking at the right thing.

That's IR...looking at temperatures.

See there is this thing called water vapor, try that one out buddy.

Open your eyes and you can see the dry slot is still down in MO

Archived