Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone noticed that the dry slot is really surging north? like more so than models have it. and the overall def band seems displaced more west than originally thought. wondering how far north that will make it in IL. so far waa snows have been nothing due to the dry air in place. hoping we can saturate soon

has anyone noticed that the dry slot is really surging north? like more so than models have it. and the overall def band seems displaced more west than originally thought. wondering how far north that will make it in IL. so far waa snows have been nothing due to the dry air in place. hoping we can saturate soon

Yea I was wondering the same thing could a MET or someone go in to more detail about where this dry slot could end up

Looks like the 18z NAM has shifted SE. And it's more than just noise I'd say.

It was fun while it lasted.

I just pray those epic totals it was showing before don't happen just to my SE. It's one thing to miss a 8-10" storm. It's an entirely different story to just miss a 14-18" storm. A little part of me would probably die.

Yea I was wondering the same thing could a MET or someone go in to more detail about where this dry slot could end up

well I have my degree in meteorology but I am a lil perplexed myself. looking at models it looked like it would stay near the STL area or just south. but looking at the way it is really pushing north now is making me think it could go north of the I-70 corridor. it could be that the ULL is moving more NW than originally thought. to me that deformation band seems so displaced. almost like KC is on the eastern fringes of that. models showed it moving relatively west to east as the storm system pulls E-NE but the way it is oriented now it looks like it could go quite north. I could be totally wrong with how I am looking at it. very strange system

well I have my degree in meteorology but I am a lil perplexed myself. looking at models it looked like it would stay near the STL area or just south. but looking at the way it is really pushing north now is making me think it could go north of the I-70 corridor. it could be that the ULL is moving more NW than originally thought. to me that deformation band seems so displaced. almost like KC is on the eastern fringes of that. models showed it moving relatively west to east as the storm system pulls E-NE but the way it is oriented now it looks like it could go quite north. I could be totally wrong with how I am looking at it. very strange system

IMO this was well modeled

This was never more than a 2-4 storm for us for at least 5 days now. Don't understand why this is so surprising.

I wasn't surprised...just mentioned it because of all the crap the euro has been taking.

SREF remain consistent with 5" and change at ORD...they have been tossed at least once by LOT but at this range it should have a clue.  The floor is also up to 4" so that's nice.

I wasn't surprised...just mentioned it because of all the crap the euro has been taking.

SREF remain consistent with 5" and change at ORD...they have been tossed at least once by LOT but at this range it should have a clue.  The floor is also up to 4" so that's nice.

The only way I can see ORD or anywhere else in our area get up to 5" is with some decent lake enhancement. We'll see how the radar looks later tonight, but IMO those numbers are too high. 

SREF remain consistent with 5" and change at ORD...they have been tossed at least once by LOT but at this range it should have a clue. The floor is also up to 4" so that's nice.

I made a call of 2.5" at ORD on another forum a couple days ago. After riding my 8.1" call for the last storm all the way to SuperBustLand, I'll ride my 2.5" hoping to bust low.

Archived