12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone know what's the deal with the SEMI forecast? I haven't followed this storm closely at all, but DTX has Washtenaw down for 2-4", but the 15Z SREF plume for both KDTW and KJXN is more in the 6-9" range. None of the ensemble members are below 6". What's up with that?

hopefully you can cash in!

seems like the sweet spot is sullivan to decatur as of right now

yea the models nailed down the banding near the I72 corridor. the deformation band is my only hope. lol. I need to move further south :P Peoria county always seems to be the cutoff area. it is crazy! eagerly watchin this dry slot though. could come close to us

So does anyone know what's the deal with the SEMI forecast? I haven't followed this storm closely at all, but DTX has Washtenaw down for 2-4", but the 15Z SREF plume for both KDTW and KJXN is more in the 6-9" range. None of the ensemble members are below 6". What's up with that?

In case you haven't noticed they normally go conservative with their headlines/snow amounts at DTX. Just their MO and honestly not a bad approach.

In case you haven't noticed they normally go conservative with their headlines/snow amounts at DTX. Just their MO and honestly not a bad approach.

People are expecting maybe two inches around here. There was way more buzz from the Saturday snow/rain/snowstorm. We are running out of space to cram new snow too.

Guess that's what I deserve for just point and clicking this one. :whistle:

Feeling good about a solid snowstorm here. A lot of our snow will be from deformation and that usually carries surprises.

I'll be interested to see if the south-north gradient is as sharp as advertised. I'm on the far south side of Ann Arbor and wasn't really expecting more than an inch or two (my point and click was 2-3 as recently as this morning), but then I just now saw the yawning gap between the numerical guidance and local headlines, so we'll see where we end up? I know DTX plays it conservative, but lowballing the low end of guidance that's been pretty decent this season by 33-50% is a bit too conservative IMO.

I'll be interested to see if the south-north gradient is as sharp as advertised. I'm on the far south side of Ann Arbor and wasn't really expecting more than an inch or two (my point and click was 2-3 as recently as this morning), but then I just now saw the yawning gap between the numerical guidance and local headlines, so we'll see where we end up? I know DTX plays it conservative, but lowballing the low end of guidance that's been pretty decent this season by 33-50% is a bit too conservative IMO.

It seems like most models had a NW bump earlier today.

Anyways I'm on the north side of Ann Arbor. Here's to snow!

0-0.1% chance the dryslot makes it to Chicago.

DTX apparently thinks it's a dry slot also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unreleased-Promo-Sample-Drake-OVO-Air-Jordan-Retro-10s-/231135900438?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear&hash=item35d0c5f316

MODELS ALSO SHOW A DRY SLOT AFFECTING THE REGION AS THE

VORT MAX PASSES BY AFTER 06Z, WHICH WILL MARK THE TRANSITION TO

DEFORMATION SNOW. THE DRY SLOT MAY RESULT IN A LULL IN SNOWFALL

RATES

, BUT NOT AN END TO IT AS THE DGZ SHIFTS LOWER IN THE COLUMN BY

09Z AND BECOMES SATURATED WITH DEFORMATION PROVIDING THE LIFT.

that dry slot filled back in nicely across IL as those dynamics start pulling out of KS working with that moist, upward, diffluent flow.  Nice banded appearance from Central IL back into Southern Iowa and Northern Missouri.  I wouldn't be shocked to see some 5-6" amounts up to I80 if those enhanced returns keep coming across the area all evening and night.

Archived