Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn dry air....such a nice system but this air is so dry...blah..

Well developed storms are the most difficult for us in this area  ... it takes a long time to get the dry and and we are nearly the last ones on this forum to get this storm (except GTA area).

This is why I was not overly excited about the 12Z NAM QPF amounts.

Haha, yep. I think we're porked in the LAF. Nothing but a few spits here right now, and radar going to hell in a hand basket out to the west (especially north of STL and in the Springfield IL area). But you guys should get the good WAA snows that IND has been receiving. Make due while you can. Enjoy and good luck!  :D

thanks man, same to you also

looks like a modest to large bust in the making for central IL into IN

LAF is gonna bust hard. Definitely won't make the lower end of predicted totals. 3-4" is probably gonna be it. We'll probably shut off soon and the defo snows will graze or miss to the north. IND and east will do well enough, as they're racking up with the WAA snows.

Isn't there some snow lover code where you don't discuss someone else's bust?

my bad....we're all having a good winter and it's not like we're getting buried so I didn't think anyone would mind. I'll back off.

Really slow going it here (like many storms this season), occasional better flakes mixing in as returns pulse but it's going to be a drawn out road to 2"

LAF is gonna bust hard. Definitely won't make the lower end of predicted totals. 3-4" is probably gonna be it. We'll probably shut off soon and the defo snows will graze or miss to the north. IND and east will do well enough, as they're racking up with the WAA snows.

Slots gonna fill in. I can see it already starting to happen north of STL. You're good for 6".

my bad....we're all having a good winter and it's not like we're getting buried so I didn't think anyone would mind. I'll back off.

Really slow going it here (like many storms this season), occasional better flakes mixing in as returns pulse but it's going to be a drawn out road to 2"

I didn't take offense, just you know. It's been a good winter here, where nearly everything has gone right for us. A bust was inevitable. But hey...others are having a good go at it with this storm, so we'll cheer them on. 

Archived