joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4th-6th Storm Threat Discussion

Sn0waddict

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems high to me. I think most people around the city get 3-6" and then sleet, maybe rain down around JFK. But Upton is being very bullish calling for 4-8" and then ice for the city. Having potentially 15" across two events in three days is amazing for us.

The gfs does give .75" as all snow from 6z - 12z before mixing occurs

That seems high to me. I think most people around the city get 3-6" and then sleet, maybe rain down around JFK. But Upton is being very bullish calling for 4-8" and then ice for the city. Having potentially 15" across two events in three days is amazing for us.[/quote

Yeah I agree. The 6-9" amounts are what weatherbell shows on their snowfall maps

The 18z drops .8 in of liquid at KNYC thru Hour 42 it`s  850`s never get above 0 and the surface doesn't either .

By hour 48 its 850`s are plus 2 and the surface is 33 but its over , this is a classic , front end thump, with some sleet towards the end  that ends as some freezing drizzle as its intensity dwindles     .Its all frozen when it matters .

The 4- 8 by Upton sounds right .

Uptons P/C for MBY..

• Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 23. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • WednesdaySnow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 27. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Let's see  8 on the ground now, maybe 8 tomorrow night, and 8 over the weekend....Wow.

Beyond the weekend, are there threats after that?  This will eclipse the 2011 epic long island snow pack.

But right now, I am just hoping we can eek out 95% snow tomorrow night and Wednesday with the last couple of tenths IPand ZR

Archived