joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....definitely winding down quickly here.  Accumulating snow has ended and just have very light snow now.  Skies have brightened up considerably and the temp has ticked up a tiny bit to 32.5.  If we get any sunshine a bit later it will definitely begin the melting process.

I couldn't break my record.  But, I tied it at 4.2" total.  Interesting that it was Jan 2/3 for the previous 4.2" and it is Feb 2/3 for this one.

Still holding out hope for less freezing rain and more sleet or snow?  It doesn't look like the op GFS brings the 850 zero line much above MDT.  Looked like 12 nam had me and zak at -1 850 at 4am Wed morning.  Never a dull moment it seems this winter.

No here.  Outside of a few deep valleys in Laurels, how the heck do you expect to get a good ice storm with 30 degree air temperatures?

It happens plenty of times. I had bad ice storms at 31. Most comes in night time and early morning so less solar radiation. Also models have it around 28 here. 

You call every storm a bust..lol. 

I'll get an official measurement once the baby wakes from her nap, but my guess would be 5-6 inches here. Can't help but think how huge this would have been with cold temps from the start.

GFS ensembles with some good hits for the weekend, no? Really looking forward to hearing the mets discuss that possible event.

Archived