joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That is going to dump some good snows.

Total 24-hr precip (mostly snow and sleet up here) from the RGEM:

post-300-0-99112300-1391442816_thumb.gif

I have a hunch the models are still slightly overdoing the sleet up here. If it was all snow (unlikely, but one can always hope :P ), that would be almost 30mm, or about 1.18" liquid equivalent. I can dream, can't I? ;)

Nice band pops out of nowhere to our NE. 

Total 24-hr precip (mostly snow and sleet up here) from the RGEM:

attachicon.gifrgem_tot.gif

I have a hunch the models are still slightly overdoing the sleet up here. If it was all snow (unlikely, but one can always hope :P ), that would be almost 30mm, or about 1.18" liquid equivalent. I can dream, can't I? ;)

Yeah, the trend has definitely been toward more snow than anything else for Tue night/Wed. 

Snowing to beat the band here in Lancaster. At work (forgot my work PC here Friday). Drive in was a mess due to trucks not able to get up hills and cars going to fast. Helped push a driver in their souped up sports car. This stuff is going to freeze hard tonight and with the ice layer below this and ice on top. Watch out. I lived through an ice storm in Rochester NY, several years ago and having no power for 10 days or so was not fun at all. So I will take snow, sleet or rain, but Freezing Ran - NO TY.

Actually snowing harder than it has for a couple hours at least out there (not saying much, as it was just a flurry for a while there). Some of the snow showers to the north and west are looking more convective again, too. The one right over the radar site really strengthened recently.

Archived