joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you show people in a region outside where you live, who've been getting screwed storm after storm, that you've had 5-7" of snow, replete with deck and backyard pics, and then complain about it for any reason, people will get pissed off at you. It doesn't matter whether the reasons are legitimate, it is down right tone-deaf to complain to people who've seen hours and hours of 35 degree rain that you can't get to work because you're getting buried. Personally I don't have a problem with it since I've already seen a few good storms, but it's a totally different story for the DC crowd, and they're the ones who dominate that forum for the most part.

I have to agree with this. I'm finally getting in on the action instead of being sidelined, but I know the "pain and frustration".

When you show people in a region outside where you live, who've been getting screwed storm after storm, that you've had 5-7" of snow, replete with deck and backyard pics, and then complain about it for any reason, people will get pissed off at you. It doesn't matter whether the reasons are legitimate, it is down right tone-deaf to complain to people who've seen hours and hours of 35 degree rain that you can't get to work because you're getting buried. Personally I don't have a problem with it since I've already seen a few good storms, but it's a totally different story for the DC crowd, and they're the ones who dominate that forum for the most part.

People who are emotionally invested in snowstorms should seek psychological evaluation.

I'm going to sculpt a highly detailed penis out of snow and post a pic of it in the mid-Atlantic forum. 

But seriously, yeah, don't rub it in with other forums. 

Oh...obs...snow is picking up here again. Still watching that weird stuff moving toward us. 

Looks like about 4 inches outside of my office on Progress Ave. I feel very lucky to have had a decent commute. There were very few cars on the road at 8:45am and I-81 was just wet at that time. Fishtailed a little on city streets. I'm hearing that the hill on Progress Ave is getting difficult to climb again.

I'm going to sculpt a highly detailed penis out of snow and post a pic of it in the mid-Atlantic forum. 

But seriously, yeah, don't rub it in with other forums. 

Oh...obs...snow is picking up here again. Still watching that weird stuff moving toward us. 

Kinda filling in to the west and some more weird bands moving NNE from the Morgantown, WV area. Never really let up that much in Bellefonte. Over 2" now.

Archived