• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

Radar upstream of State College looks decent. We are right on the northern edge of the poleward-sloped frontogenetic circulation where there is some weaker lift. This circulation is supported by the upper-levels, which place much of PA in the right entrance region of the 250 mb jet streak.

Well, the snow is currently pretty poor-looking here...as the rich get richer, us northerners will have to place our chips on Wednesday...and I just hate doing that for this setup.

:lol:  these posts...I think I'll side with heavy_wx on this.  Snow looks fine. Over an inch in Bellefonte and coming down nicely. Radar looks good for us for the next several hours.  We were never supposed to get in on 1-2"/hr stuff and this is all basically a bonus anyway.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: these posts...I think I'll side with heavy_wx on this. Snow looks fine. Over an inch in Bellefonte and coming down nicely. Radar looks good for us for the next several hours. We were never supposed to get in on 1-2"/hr stuff and this is all basically a bonus anyway.

Good example for newbies on who to pay attention to.

Enjoying the snow today. Sure they're getting more down south, but we still have lots to go and it looks great. And I'm glad they're scoring down south on this one, since we're going to be almost in the sweet spot come Wednesday. ^_^

(By the way, sticking to the idea that Wed. is > 75% snow precip-wise up here, and < 25% sleet... wouldn't shock me if 95% of the precip was snow).

Enjoying the snow today. Sure they're getting more down south, but we still have lots to go and it looks great. And I'm glad they're scoring down south on this one, since we're going to be almost in the sweet spot come Wednesday. ^_^

(By the way, sticking to the idea that Wed. is > 75% snow precip-wise up here, and < 25% sleet... wouldn't shock me if 95% of the precip was snow).

I like Wednesday's snow potential. 06z GFS runs the surface low from about Charleston, WV to DC and Cape May.  Good track for us.

Yeah, the Euro looked great for Wednesday at UNV with 1.03" QPF, all as snow. The 06z GFS was still a bit warmer and had less QPF.

According to the mesoanalysis, you are straddling the line of sleet and snow in Parkton. You should be ok in an hour for all worry free snow. Parkton has been doing very well this winter

just measured an inch, but its def a snow/sleet mix on the ground. mostly snow falling now, still sleet mixed in. i'm not worried, i have done well this winter. cant complain

Yeah, the Euro looked great for Wednesday at UNV with 1.03" QPF, all as snow. The 06z GFS was still a bit warmer and had less QPF.

Yep, and although it wouldn't surprise me if the Euro was a bit too cold, I think most of the precip has already fallen by the (short period of) time we're mixing.

Archived