• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

I just got in to work, the roads are trashed. Heavy wet snow. I didn't measure yet, but easily have to have over 1". Travel is going to be difficult unless your in 4wd.

many schools are closed and the State is on a delay.

edit to add I guess Cumberland County went into a warning at some point after i went to bed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured. I have exactly 2 inches on the ground as of 6:15AM with moderate snow still falling. Temp in my backyard is 30 degrees. I drove all the way into work, just to find out that I probably won't run today. One of our trucks is stuck on the Blue Mountain, and another company's truck is stuck on the "Ridge Cup" just south of Tamaqua. The roads are horrible, and this is a very slippery snow.

1014032_10203018961776262_1862363308_n.j

Just measured. I have exactly 2 inches on the ground as of 6:15AM with moderate snow still falling. Temp in my backyard is 30 degrees. I drove all the way into work, just to find out that I probably won't run today. One of our trucks is stuck on the Blue Mountain, and another company's truck is stuck on the "Ridge Cup" just south of Tamaqua. The roads are horrible, and this is a very slippery snow.

1014032_10203018961776262_1862363308_n.j

Stay safe out there. This snow is piling up very fast

Just got an email saying MU is delaying till 10? Not sure what that is going to do except allow the roads to get worse. Wondering if they are stalling to see how bad it gets.

Eric Horst sent an email saying they usually review again at 8am. I think they will not like what they see. 2-3" will be here by that point

I have 2" of heavy wet snow here so far...

one of my trees that holds leaves through winter is leaning as if it has taken on a lot of ice... but looks so pretty out

there is already a problem with trees down, hope yours will be ok.

just shovled front walk at work, 2" of back breaking snow.

Still Moderate to heavy at times snowfall

~1 inch here in State College (nothing official, just having taken the dogs out).

Probably looking at only another half inch or so. Great job on CTP's part by not buying into the last minute northern shift hype on the models.

Yeah, might manage another inch, radar looking better to the west and southwest at the moment. I'll take it, considering where this was modeled last week.

Southern York County people...how's that band that's moving NE on the CCX radar? Don't think it's bright-banding

Southern York County people...how's that band that's moving NE on the CCX radar? Don't think it's bright-banding

that band down at the Pa/Md line looks awesome

Heavy wet snow though it does seem to be drying out some. 1- 1 1/2" rates at this time

Archived