joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't know what it's going to take to get a major snowstorm, but apparently this isn't it.  Oh well, my expectations are now tempered and hopefully we will get a few inches before it all goes to rain.

Per the Euro you stay below freezing the entire event. So it won't be rain,

I was really expecting all the models to really start coming to agreement tonight but instead there's more unknown then we thought just a few hours ago. Crazy night of model watching tonight and the next few nights to say the least!!

I was really expecting all the models to really start coming to agreement tonight but instead there's more unknown then we thought just a few hours ago. Crazy night of model watching tonight and the next few nights to say the least!!

I'm curious if we can get the Euro to show a similar solution, but with less amp and get it back offshore, maybe we could really cash in with the second wave (as in cash in with snow, not ice!).  We'll see.  The Canadian basically showed that (just not as much QPF).

As a side note, it's nice to see Ji cross-forum trolling again.

I'm curious if we can get the Euro to show a similar solution, but with less amp and get it back offshore, if we could really cash in with the second wave (as in cash in with snow, not ice!).  We'll see.  The Canadian basically showed that (just not as much QPF).

As a side note, it's nice to see Ji cross-forum trolling again.

Yeah that would be very nice. But I'm starting to think that this might end up being just a massive ice storm with maybe a little front end snow. I think that the immediate foothills and the mountains are looking very nice right now. And we may be right on that snow line just on the wrong side.

Yeah that would be very nice. But I'm starting to think that this might end up being just a massive ice storm with maybe a little front end snow. I think that the immediate foothills and the mountains are looking very nice right now. And we may be right on that snow line just on the wrong side.

Based on the euro yes I would agree. But this is the farthest west solution yet the cmc, and gfs doesn't even get the significant precip back to the northern mountains, lots of changes possible still.

Based on the euro yes I would agree. But this is the farthest west solution yet the cmc, and gfs doesn't even get the significant precip back to the northern mountains, lots of changes possible still.

Very true, but wouldn't this strong of a HP cause the sytem to move more to the east? Cause if I'm looking at ti correctly the system goes straight into the middle of the CAD.

Very true, but wouldn't this strong of a HP cause the sytem to move more to the east? Cause if I'm looking at ti correctly the system goes straight into the middle of the CAD.

It's definitely an extreme solution, but with the streams phasing and the HP moving east it's at least a possibility, but I wouldn't say it's likely that's for sure.

The system would most likely setup less than that.. Its hard for a system to dive in the upper levels and slam into a established wedge. Chances are something else will fold before an established CAD wedge event.

Just woke up and it sounds like the local meteorologist is feeling like this is going to be south of us. He said Charlotte area and south. In fact they have reduced our chance to 30% Tues and Wed.

I would not agree with this! Most if not all models have CLT in the bullseye! Get your info from here instead

I would not agree with this! Most if not all models have CLT in the bullseye! Get your info from here instead

Well, that's why I was so confused because the vibe I've been getting here made me think we were in a pretty good spot. My aunt moved here from Florida and has yet to experience a decent snow in her life. I've been trying to keep her up to date as to what she can expect.

When is someone going to be brave enough to post the first call maps? :sled::snowing::snowwindow:

OK, so the weather segment was just on again and he said that this storm is VERY tricky to forecast for Wednesday into Thursday. We may get nothing at all or we may get a significant amount. So I guess he's basically just saying what I already knew....It's still too far to really know.

GSP has a call out. Find it here

http://www.weather.gov/gsp/brief_winter

STSStormTotalSnow.png

Well, that's why I was so confused because the vibe I've been getting here made me think we were in a pretty good spot. My aunt moved here from Florida and has yet to experience a decent snow in her life. I've been trying to keep her up to date as to what she can expect.

When is someone going to be brave enough to post the first call maps? :sled::snowing::snowwindow:

Glad I didn't stay up for the Euro disaster. This type of solution is what I was worried about from the get-go. If we see that garbage again at 12z, I'm throwing the towel in for my area for anything major. On the other hand, if it goes back to a farther east solution, I'm going all in. I'm going one way or the other all the way by 2:00.

You guys out west look good for at least an ice storm. But I am kind of sad that the front end snow is vanishing. That's our opportunity for really good snow. After that, it's ice or rain.

I guess I've been around these forums long enough to know that if you try to pin-point accumulations you'll lose your mind. These systems can turn on a dime and, more often than not, do just that. I look at the maps (clown, NWS, media) and see snow around so I know snow is in the forecast. I've had heavy bands form to my S, N, W, E and sometimes over my head. It's basically not up to any model or forecaster to know exactly where...just a general idea of location.

Don't sweat the details folks. Pay attention to the posts and, when the time comes, watch the radar, temps and ground obs. You'll know as much as anyone by doing that.

My two cents.
Peach

Glad I didn't stay up for the Euro disaster. This type of solution is what I was worried about from the get-go. If we see that garbage again at 12z, I'm throwing the towel in for my area for anything major. On the other hand, if it goes back to a farther east solution, I'm going all in. I'm going one way or the other all the way by 2:00.

You guys out west look good for at least an ice storm. But I am kind of sad that the front end snow is vanishing. That's our opportunity for really good snow. After that, it's ice or rain.

Agree, the front end is our chance for a good snow, or I should say was our chance. Still think that GSP/CLT is in a great spot for the front end snow, still like 8-10" for them. RDU is just to far north.

Archived