Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you guys think you have to be an expert to have comments and opinions on everything? You have to be a pro baller to discuss sports? You have to have a degree in political science to discuss politics? I am just giving general thoughts about things. Just like everyone talks about the weather.

Indulging in a bit of reducto absurdum are we?

There fore regurgitation.

How can one come up with ones own thoughts without bothering to look at models ?  Whether right or wrong?

Simply discussing the trends based on what others have said. Looking at the evidence as a whole and the consistency of the models. Really, people discuss things all the time without being experts in the field.

"It's not going to snow."

Followed by

"Here comes the negativites again."

Is no worse than

"The Euro drops a foot of snow on RDU."

Followed by

"Seems like the Euro is looking good."

Don't be a nimrod.

The whole this and that looks good is the whole,point of the banter thread, though. Everyone gives their general thoughts and feelings and vent here.

The whole this and that looks good is the whole,point of the banter thread, though.

Once again, the communication process has broken down.

You're throwing stones in your glass house again. As irritating as some posters might be to you, you might be just as irritating for a similar reason. How is it not possible to understand this?

Actually, I don't take this seriously. Whatever happens happens. I just don't like negative people and don't get even following things if you already have it in your mind it's never going to work out.

Weather always works out Brick. I can't remember a day without weather.

I am talking about people that want snow but whenever a threat shows they already are thinking it isn't going to happen and hang on the inconsistent bad runs over the consistent good ones.

Yeah I know.  You are talking about things you can't control and obsessing over the process that often gives results you find unsatisfactory.  Now you tell me, how does that differ from the weather?

I am talking about people that want snow but whenever a threat shows they already are thinking it isn't going to happen and hang on the inconsistent bad runs over the consistent good ones.

It's easier to be a pessimist with regards to snow/ ice in the S.! 9 out of 10 they will be right! It's hard on the snow weenies, but maybe this will be the 1%er!

Alright, the Euro will maintain.  I'm still in.

I thought the GGEM looked worse at first, but in some ways it was a step towards the Euro (from what I can tell).  The second system after the overrunning is quite close for something special for the western Piedmont and foothills and the overrunning was still decent.

Hell you think tonight was bad wait till tomorrow night cause then we will have the added " sampled data" to fret over when a run goes warm or dry etc....luckily the models seem to have done well in the 4-5 day range then stunk in the 2.5 to 4 day range then gotten back on track down the home stretch. We really need those earlier NAM runs from today to be right lol.

I think the GGEM might have worked out pretty well for us.  We get a decent glance from the overrunning (1-3", I'd guess), but that coastal could really deliver if we stayed all-snow (not sure if we did yet).

Boy it just misses me with both waves  I may get a lgt snow for a while, I need a 50-100 mile jog NW. lol

here's first wave how close, then second wave how close. lol

I_nw_g1_EST_2014020900_062.png

Alright, the Euro will maintain.  I'm still in.

I thought the GGEM looked worse at first, but in some ways it was a step towards the Euro (from what I can tell).  The second system after the overrunning is quite close for something special for the western Piedmont and foothills and the overrunning was still decent.

Not until it catches up with most models. Sorry to say not hating on the euro but its had its flaws same way with others. I dont believe it till I see it. All modeling and predicting tools have been off... and as I said the other day with the pattern we've had since Nov... its going to be hard to get a big snow. Not that it can't happen... but this year we are no better off than having a PV in the GOA. A big storm is not likely to happen.

Archived