joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, but it's not doing the super suppressed 2nd wave or the run inland 2nd wave. I don't think the GFS has had two runs in a row that are the same, pretty crazy.

Yeah, I guess that's what I meant. It's amping up that second low more....not necessarily to the degree of the Euro, but it's bringing a real system up now.

The ones that are negative do want snow, though, and always post about how things will bust and fall apart.

And even if it shows a big ice storm that means the run sucked.

lol that is true.  if its not a historic snow storm its a bust.  heck i would take 3-4" and be happy.  i would still rather have anything frozen over 33 and rain.  if its ice thats ok and it is not a bust as far as i am concerned :bike:

you can set your clock by the GFS play book. Run goes as predicted. We're not done. Redevelopment and "filling in" occurs, like clockwork.

Here's the larger idea from WxSouth FB:

Tonights weather models runs have some in a panic. Don't. First if you like snow, why? Secondly, it's coming to a good chunk of TN, NC and northern parts of MS, AL, GA,and SC. The NAM and GFS and others are in the same ball park, but differ on details. The GFS latest run, like it normally does, has the low pulling further northeast. and there will be two rounds, almost merged as one complete nonstop storm for Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. Its normal to see NAM waiver and the GFS pull north. The European has been rock steady for several days now, with the two parts of the storm, almost merging. IN the end , we have the first wave of snow in sleet in the above mentioned areas, followed by an immediate round for Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas, which will be snow, sleet and freezing rain, eventually becoming freezing drizzle. Its impossible to nail down the amounts of any of these right now. But it's significant. The cold high pressure will lock in low temps east of the mountain chain, and if you've lived there long enough, you know how hard it is to get rid of strong cold damming. Several inches of snow on the first round, followed by Temps in the 20's with drizzle and light rain on round two is not a good thing. 

Thanks. Widre just posted in the main thread what I was thinking behind asking that question. I can't imagine a corridor of ZR hundreds of miles wide with a true Miller A.

I think we see now why storms are almost never modeled from far our without hiccups. I would bet anything Euro loses the 1st wave.

Here's the larger idea from WxSouth FB:

Tonights weather models runs have some in a panic. Don't. First if you like snow, why? Secondly, it's coming to a good chunk of TN, NC and northern parts of MS, AL, GA,and SC. The NAM and GFS and others are in the same ball park, but differ on details. The GFS latest run, like it normally does, has the low pulling further northeast. and there will be two rounds, almost merged as one complete nonstop storm for Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. Its normal to see NAM waiver a[/size]nd the GFS pull north. The European has been rock steady for several days now, with the two parts of the storm, almost merging. IN the end , we have the first wave of snow in sleet in the above mentioned areas, followed by an immediate round for Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas, which will be snow, sleet and freezing rain, eventually becoming freezing drizzle. Its impossible to nail down the amounts of any of these right now. But it's significant. The cold high pressure will lock in low temps east of the mountain chain, and if you've lived there long enough, you know how hard it is to get rid of strong cold damming. Several inches of snow on the first round, followed by Temps in the 20's with drizzle and light rain on round two is not a good thing. [/size]

Which is why I don 't understand the gloom and doom because it is not showing a foot of snow. That would still be a big deal. Either snow or ice, this could still be a significant storm.

Archived