joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thnk the heavy precip will end up further north if anything instead of going further south.

Why is everything trending south then?

I think you might be in the 4-8 inch range though if the models are correct with the significant coastal development.

Edit: Actually never mind. Looks like mostly sleet or freezing rain for Raleigh on the GFS.

If it phases just offshore, we'll get crushed. That will have to be watched. Even the GFS looked decent here with it's somewhat lousy solution. If it phases just inland, we'll have pingermageddon.

The gfs was all snow for us right?

Nah 100 would do it for folks west of say Hwy 17 in NC and the trend with the Euro end is slightly east need that to keep up for another day or so.

Thanks If that's the case how would you characterize RDUs chances currently? I thought we were in a zr to rain situation. Hard to make heads or tails for me right now with all the model movement

Thanks If that's the case how would you characterize RDUs chances currently? I thought we were in a zr to rain situation. Hard to make heads or tails for me right now with all the model movement

the crystal ball is cloudy lol, I would sit back and wait there are still several curveballs coming from the models I think. Its going to snow and then we wait to see what the GOM low does or the low that forms off the SE Coast....if it even does.

Some of you guys are a piece of work.  This is the first storm this year I am all in on as of yesterday.  We are looking good in this area as far as I can tell.  The trend of the models will serve us well here in the Triad.  Some you get so used to tracking something from 10 days out that you continue to react the same to the models 2 days out. I am always amazed to watch otherwise sane people looking at a 10 day model map and arguing whether it shows the north bound lanes of I85 getting more snow than the south bound lanes. 

Relax Triad guys.  There's a reason the old man has gone in on this one.*

* Poster is not a met and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Archived