• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

Ok, I have made the decision to go all in. That said, I can all but guarantee that we'll see a west trend from here.

Somebody upload me an All In meme! :)

LOL, I agree, west trend never fails, unless we don't count last week  :bag:

I would be pumped if I was west of I-85, looks like a big raging sleet storm for us, Euro may be overdoing the cold, and if so it will be 33F and rain.  I know the GA folks say models under do the CAD, I think that only goes for there region, how many times have we ever had a storm be colder than what the models show?  None that I recall, they are always  a tick warmer and we end up saying, ah that darn warm nose....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey at this point, I'll take a big sleet storm. I think a snowstorm is out of reach for us. These wound up systems usually don't end up east.

LOL, I agree, west trend never fails, unless we don't count last week  :bag:

I would be pumped if I was west of I-85, looks like a big raging sleet storm for us, Euro may be overdoing the cold, and if so it will be 33F and rain.  I know the GA folks say models under do the CAD, I think that only goes for there region, how many times have we ever had a storm be colder than what the models show?  None that I recall, they are always  a tick warmer and we end up saying, ah that darn warm nose....

Except the last Euro was more east. Plenty of time for it to go even further east. It wouldn't take much.

Ok, I have made the decision to go all in. That said, I can all but guarantee that we'll see a west trend from here.

Somebody upload me an All In meme! :)

I can't find you an all in meme, but I found the closest thing to it with what's going to happen! (I'm pretty much all in too at this point)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FtJvWSvTS0

Except the last Euro was more east. Plenty of time for it to go even further east. It wouldn't take much.

That I agree with you on, it wouldn't take much for this to be a 6-8" snow event for us or for us to be 1-2" flip to ice and flip to rain.  Still 72+ hours out, but this is the Euro's wheel house and 25-50 miles makes all the difference.  But, we haven't had a winter storm trend our way in under 72 hours in a long long long time.

I'm all-in.  We're going to get plastered.  P-type is still a question mark, but whatever it is is going to be BIG.

You guys are sitting good, even if the Euro shifted 50 miles west you would be half snow half sleet, if it shifted east it would be all snow, maybe less precip but 6-8" of snow.

I'm all-in.  We're going to get plastered.  P-type is still a question mark, but whatever it is is going to be BIG.

Yep! All models put us at 8-12 except GFS and it's still 5 for Mby. I expect rah nws to put a winter storm watch out for Tuesday evening through Thurs a.m. If not with the afternoon package definitely with tonight's. We are in a great spot for a change

Yep! All models put us at 8-12 except GFS and it's still 5 for Mby. I expect rah nws to put a winter storm watch out for Tuesday evening through Thurs a.m. If not with the afternoon package definitely with tonight's. We are in a great spot for a change

Looks pretty undeniable that the triad is in for a major storm. I'm all in! Look for the gfs to play catchup 0z-12z runs tomorrow.

alright, updated myse;f on the Doc and crazy uncle.  All the way in.  I'm calling 7 (oh yeh, not 6, not 8....:) ) for you and I followed by a full inch of sleet on top and a dusting on snow on that across the back in.  Triad, welcome to the stone age for the next 72 hours after that :weenie::snowing:

Even crazier is the majority of that falls in January in that region. Most consistent place to ski fresh powder every day during January. It's a dump every. Single. Year.

Yeah, that area of Japan has Sapporo, the fourth-largest city in Japan at around 2 million people. And it receives 250" of snow per winter. :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapporo

I need to find the article I read the other week. Neeko (I think that is right) area ski resorts are something like 300+ inches annual snowfall average, and again the majority comes in one month!

So in main thread, Burger mentioned the sref wetter with the first wave. Does it show it making it into the Triangle? Sorry for the imby question. I won't be back home until the next sref comes out.

At hours 33 and 36 it looks like there's some very light precipitation in the Triangle. Less than a tenth of an inch total though.

Archived