• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A look ahead at the Feb 3-10 Period - Technical Discussion (Updated to Feb 15th)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow....if we get the true northerly flow we can get rid of that middle finger in the valley but ill take a middle finger like that any day

Yeah classic Miller A on the Euro as opposed to more of a Miller B hybrid on the GFS.

Both solutions are well within the envelope right now...even a cutter is still plausible. So I wouldn't get too obsessed with model play by play yet.

Maybe it was the Super Bowl, but most people I have spoken with this morning have been caught off guard by today's snow and seem bewildered when I mention the possibilities for Wednesday and this weekend.  If the Euro is right, some folks may really be surprised.  My concern is prolonged icing but it sounds as if things may be leaning colder for Wednesday.

Definitely some big players arguing for a sizeable storm...but too much time for a few things to shift around and cause a whiff or inside runner.

However, once again models have a pretty nice agreement on a storm this far out.

If we had a more stout -NAO or a stronger PNA ridge, we could get it moving more slowly. Its a fast moving system as far as large coastal storms go. In and out in about 15 hours.

The weak NAO blocking will be something to track if it trends stronger.

12Z Euro is south with yet another miss for my portion of NNE (sfc low moves from the Delmarva to just outside the benchmark). When I say miss I mean sub-warning snow.

Not that its etched in stone or matters by any means at this point, But this is what i was talking about with Miller A's up here, Its the boot ENE at the BM that does us in quite frequently instead of a track thru the bay of fundy or over the southern tip of Novi, That's why i like when they cross 41/70, If the get the boot from there we still get ripped

I like the 40/70 benchmark track from the GOM with this system, I don't think we see an inland track with this storm, push of an arctic air mass comes through on the backside of the Wed storm and then a large arctic high sits over NNE.  Right now troughing sets up over the west coast of the US with ridging on the backside, still another 6 days, but I'm quite confident in a storm right now.

I guess our one worry..if you can call it that..is the period after the superbomb this weeeknd. Is the 2nd half of Feb..just normal with no storms as the EPO goes positive?

So much hinges upon the NAO.

Hopefully we don't just go normal and dry..cause by the end of Feb that means meh

Way out here, just saying what is shows not that it matters. Mid atlantic is in the 70's with a se ridge at the end of the run and alaska goes into the freezer. All horrible for snow lovers.

GFS

Archived