• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

It really wouldn't take that much to luck into a better solution. It's more of a runner than a true cutter. Weaken the storm and a bit more confluence and things change pretty quick. As it stands now, we just can't keep it under us. Even so, as mitch said it wouldn't take much to go colder on the front end. I like the storm. Even verbatim on this run.

Amen. Surely nobody needs reminding that cad usually gets stronger as we get closer. Some parts of the area do very well with this setup. Be nice to see that thing get to Knoxville and jump to the coast

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that thing trying to hint at some sort of re-development off the coast (I can only see up to 153, so this may be a moot question)?  Not that it will do a lot, but wonder if we get more dry-slotted after snow/ice, and before it cools off again.

Euro did it. Redeveloped off of ACY and destroyed the interior. It's possible but we would need a further east with the primary and a quick jump (not sure this is possible unless something gets in the way up north).

It's a bad ul pattern for a miller b for us so if it goes that way we need to maximize the front and hope for a dryslot. .

Climo argues against a 12 inch + snow in this area anytime soon. RE 09/10 vs long term frequencies.

Since 1979, BWI has had at least one 12+ inch snow every 3-4 years (the exception being the 6 year period between the 1987 and 1993 storms). Its been four years now, and if feast or famine is the "new normal", then we are overdue.

That's what I was thinking as well. I think the recent model runs that looked good for next Wed. all had the first system on Mon. stronger and further north.

They have. I think it's a combo of a stronger Monday system suppressing the flow behind it just enough to bring the boundary south some but also prevent a more amped system wed. Each wave will impact the following so runs will bounce around a lot.

Archived