northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the February 4th-6th threat we're talking about? The AccuWeather forums say that we don't do well with storm (contrary to what's being said in the last hour here). But, they're just forums, not models.

It's subjective. It's a nice winter event verbatim but some folks don't consider snow/ice/rain good. But were good at those here. I like them a lot.

I've been lurking there for the last (maybe) 2 years or so.  It's was my only source for storms...until I found this forum.  I still frequent the site, but maybe I should stay around here more often.

If you're more serious about learning this is where you want to be, but there's no reason why you can't visit accuweather forums for entertainment purposes.

If the Wednesday storm was coming tomorrow it might be a big deal. Otherwise it's still pretty far out for people to get excited about an ice storm.

edit: I guess it's a  Tuesday storm. close enough.

euro day 9 is just an absolute moisture laden beast....of course there are some changeover possibilities, but like 1.7" QPF...and much of it snow....verbatim it is a 16-20" storm for JYO/MRB....

man if the euro came true for next week were in for a big time pounding of snow. Cant believe what the maps show. And continued very cold. Haven't seen this in a long time. 

man if the euro came true for next week were in for a big time pounding of snow. Cant believe what the maps show. And continued very cold. Haven't seen this in a long time. 

It is a monster KU for the western burbs..and quite big for DC too before we mix.....and the storm has been showing up over and over...it is still in the fantasy range, but the euro seems locked in on something big....

It's an ok overrunning pattern, but not really a good one for a big storm without changing over, even with a southern track....but we've been pretty good this year with so-so patterns...the euro solution is total thread the needle, and DC still mixes...

test8.gif

Archived