Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It amazes me the emotions of members in this thread.  Y'all, above ALL forums, know that we see drastic model solutions this far out.  Stop acting like a Facebook Weather Page in posting maps like they are gospel...PLEASE!

what amazes me more, is people who rarely post who all the sudden decide to tell regular posters how they should post, like it somehow affects them.

pretty bad when the nws has to issue this

1546166_691544624200686_102319156_n.png

Wow! I have never seen something like that. Rumors must be rampart up there! I do like to have a little fun myself when there is a storm on the horizon. When I am at a store with someone I will turn to them and say something loud enough so others can here about how bad it will be with an approaching snow storm. I guess that is how rumors get started. LOL

pretty bad when the nws has to issue this

1546166_691544624200686_102319156_n.png

Rumors have been flying around here about a major storm for the first week of February for about a week.  I heard someone mention that it's in the Old Farmer's Almanac.  People have been asking me about it almost daily.

Rumors have been flying around here about a major storm for the first week of February for about a week.  I heard someone mention that it's in the Old Farmer's Almanac.  People have been asking me about it almost daily.

This. I have my thoughts on who the Indy TV met was who is posting snowfall maps but I have seen numerous postings on Facebook "the Farmers Almanac said we would get over 16 inches of snow this weekend!" Kill me.

For the life of me I will never understand why any meteorologist would post snowfall maps on a facebook page when a system is more than 48hrs out.  To many factors can change, heck many factors can change with 12-18 hours.  Its just not a wise thing to do because viewers will think that's the forecast the meteorologist is given....then when it doesn't happen they get grief on their FB page... Gee I wonder why.  I just don't get it.  I know there is this rush to be first nowadays but the atmosphere has to many variables.

As for the upcoming system next week....I'm still in the camp of generally favoring the Central or Southern Midwest for something decent happening eventually whether its next Tuesday or as late as the end of next week. 

ggem is how you get a blizzard in central OH. Too damn bad it's 168. Still might make a nice screensaver for me to look at when it's raining next Wednesday. :guitar:

Lol it's always nice in ohio while it last... Considering we always get screwed.. I think ill do something similar and take a picture of the maps now and never look at again. Because we both know these always turn to rain

Archived