joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, GFS ****ed everything up this run (as far as the more amped solutions are concerned).

That sheared out stream of crap over OH/IN was not there before...

00z

f138.gif

12z

f150.gif

Also notice the lack of a prominent northern stream s/w over BC. Going to need something like that to dig and phase. 0z not getting it done.

By the way Bow... I have the other half of your snow magnet !!! ;)

Bagged salt is gone, bulk is in short demand and there is still 50+ days of snow to go. Still waiting for the Biggen to set this winter as an benchmark for year to come.

I think that experiencing a historic winter is more memorable than one storm (unless that storm is RIDICULOUS)...but if we could GET that storm in THIS winter....wow!!!

I have the same feeling this far out IMBY with this one as GHD... Basically again feeling no way this thing can cut enough to effect here outside of meh unless everything aligns right and we know how hard that is to do to get a GHD like event in the MW.

Sure its not the GHD storm but the potential for a high impact high moisture winter event is about as big as its been and gets since then and it's really favoring the southern and eastern sub at this time like GHD..  

4 and now 5 with this one ghd mentions in one rambling.  Poor Alek just got a calf cramp in the middle of dreaming about beer and bikini's at the beach.

Give the GFS a break. Not only does it need to figure out the s/w speed, but also to figure out what the northern stream is doing as well. That is hard work. If you push it to hard, it may snap with cabin fever...........

Bottom line-still 100+ hours out! Where going to see alot of flip-flopping amongst the models for the next 3-4 days. We've seen how horribly the models have performed this season and this is no different. I expect a wide variety of solutions until atleast Saturday, lol. 

Timing and phasing are key with this event. In some aspect it does resemble the GHD 11 storm IMO. 

yeah this is not going to be easy to say the least on the models and us huggers until we get the first two events out of the way.  lots of waffling which is to be expected. 7+days out... exciting none the less especially for the LAF through toledo/detroit crew to really add to their record snows.

Archived