joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even think the wyandotte magnet has the force to bring this one back. Hope to hell I eat crow.  Still a long ways out but I think we've  been duped in to models trying to break in to the new "pattern" if its to materialize too fast and we'll have to wait a little longer in to the last stretch of winter for the foot long potential storm in the western part of the forum.   Still darn well worth to track this one south and east and hopefully models were sniffing something out early and not just a pigs arse and this one can go nuclear in time for those. 

Time for a couple day break and stick to catching the wx garbage on local tv like in the ole days of this old fart.  Need a break and this looks like a good time to with the next couple stat padder events leading up to this thread seemingly wanting to go for a zzzzzzzz break also. 

See ya'll friday with hopefully models showing this one juicer than ever.

Don't even think the wyandotte magnet has the force to bring this one back. Hope to hell I eat crow.  Still a long ways out but I think we've  been duped in to models trying to break in to the new "pattern" if its to materialize too fast and we'll have to wait a little longer in to the last stretch of winter for the foot long potential storm in the western part of the forum.   Still darn well worth to track this one south and east and hopefully models were sniffing something out early and not just a pigs arse and this one can go nuclear in time for those. 

Time for a couple day break and stick to catching the wx garbage on local tv like in the ole days of this old fart.  Need a break and this looks like a good time to with the next couple stat padder events leading up to this thread seemingly wanting to go for a zzzzzzzz break also. 

See ya'll friday with hopefully models showing this one juicer than ever.

DTW will somehow get its 2-4" out of this. I'm pretty confident of that.

Canada's Weather Network has already backed off from, and indeed cancelled, this storm for southern Ontario, says it will be an eastern U.S. storm. I'll give it a couple more days before I start punting.

That is just silly. How can they do that when the models keep flipping around from run to run?. Anyways euro ensembles don't support the op run. Much wetter here.

The idea of a partial/sloppy vort ejection leading to the main vort hanging way back and digging into oblivion isn't something we haven't seen before and appears to be gaining favor. We're still well into no-mans-land model range (see how much they are struggling with this weekends event) but the trends aren't good for anyone in the subforum looking for a major.

Already seeing some fundamental changes with both the southern and northern stream on the 12z GFS by 126. I figure this run stops the bleeding at least.

Yeah only a couple hundred mile shift of the surface low track. If this is any indication of the 12z model suite, things will probably be coming back north on the other models and would probably give us a chance to toss the 00z as being crap if all models follow this shift back north.

Yeah only a couple hundred mile shift of the surface low track. If this is any indication of the 12z model suite, things will probably be coming back north on the other models and would probably give us a chance to toss the 00z as being crap if all models follow this shift back north.

we haven't really seen any consistency or reason to think this isn't just one of many more multi-hundred mile wobbles

Archived