Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The models are going gonna have to adapt to the -pna regime. Most of the big cold will be trapped in the north central areas creating surface reflections on the edge of a big butted southeast ridge that needs to be organized and properly sampled.

We are seeing the issues the modest system this coming weekend are creating.

everytime you post it gets colder and snowier

Don't leave us non Euro access folks in the lurch....the low was in northern Alabama...then either cheers or jeers from posters...depending on where their backyard is. Where does that rascally Euro low go from Bamie?

southeastern AR to E. TN/KY....then off the coast and redevelops.  Looks like it's in two pieces as it heads east northeast

using wxbell maps

This. I have my thoughts on who the Indy TV met was who is posting snowfall maps but I have seen numerous postings on Facebook "the Farmers Almanac said we would get over 16 inches of snow this weekend!" Kill me.

These guys are notorious for posting GFS 384 maps.

https://www.facebook.com/bamchase

They charge for a subscription to their "premium" service.

Truly amazing that people pay cash money for to get super secret information that is *edited* publicly available

These guys are notorious for posting GFS 384 maps.

https://www.facebook.com/bamchase

They charge for a subscription to their "premium" service.

Truly amazing that people pay cash money for to get super secret information that is publicly available

YES!!!! I wanted to call them out on Facebook so bad but I bit my tongue. They aren't the only ones however. There is an Indiana group (won't say the name because I believe they may have an account here) who are notorious for blowing up the extreme cases. There are more reasons why I relay to all my friends and family to not trust them but that is another story for another day.

And of course as I type this, my co-worker just emailed me saying her mom saw on Facebook "model guidance showing 30" in Bloomington" :axe:  

YES!!!! I wanted to call them out on Facebook so bad but I bit my tongue. They aren't the only ones however. There is an Indiana group (won't say the name because I believe they may have an account here) who are notorious for blowing up the extreme cases. There are more reasons why I relay to all my friends and family to not trust them but that is another story for another day.

And of course as I type this, my co-worker just emailed me saying her mom saw on Facebook "model guidance showing 30" in Bloomington" :axe:  

:lol:

I agree but there are two closed areas of low pressure, one is over central WV, the other over the western Carolinas

probably just the way the contour lays out...not two areas.  

My guess is there are 2 camps with respect to low track, with most of the members in the AL to WV track but a few are further southeast.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's encouraging to see though after last night's 0z disaster. 

Archived