Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chicago Storm

February 4-5th Winter Storm

986 posts in this topic

how is the euro?

ninja'd

Tries it's best to repeat GHD but ultimately keeps a low tracking from from NE AR to Northern KY then off to the east. Didn't have a chance to bomb out with the H5 setup. Still a pretty significant storm though. It does a good job of just barely scraping YYZ from what I can tell. 

Tries it's best to repeat GHD but ultimately keeps a low tracking from from NE AR to Northern KY then off to the east. Didn't have a chance to bomb out with the H5 setup. Still a pretty significant storm though. It does a good job of just barely scraping YYZ from what I can tell.

Of course it would find a way to barely scrape YYZ what else is new

Model fantasy snow always delivers great images. I'll take the early under on 15.9" for LAF...just to be safe. :lol:

But to dream a little, it would be almost unprecedented for LAF to get another 10"+ storm this winter. Fun to look at though.

Model fantasy snow always delivers great images. I'll take the early under on 15.9" for LAF...just to be safe. :lol:

But to dream a little, it would just be almost unprecedented for LAF to get another 10"+ storm this winter. Fun to look at though.

Wish I wouldn't have seen that image. 

Wish I wouldn't have seen that image. 

Seen a few of them this winter (fantasy big dogs). I think only one worked out (Jan 5). How about we shoot for two? :D

lock it in 12z euro would make almost everyone happy

That map is pretty much a best case scenario for giving the largest percentage of posters on this board a significant snowstorm. You wobble that north or south just a tad and you'll need a new complaint thread.

easy to see why putting track issues aside, model consensus on a wet system is excellent, gulf is wide open for business.

gfs_namer_192_850_temp_ht.gif

gfs_namer_192_700_rh_ht.gif

Not too worried about a large northward shift, would expect this to drop 7-12 inch snows rather than what Euro shows today, but perhaps more of concern, a significant freezing rain risk for the Ohio valley as far north as almost SPI-IND-CMH, possible half inch glaze for EVV and SDF.

Toronto shield may need emergency fix to remain operational, very early call is 20 cm.