Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28-2/1: Multiple winter storm threats per models

GaWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love what the Euro is showing but at this range I don't want to see too much of a NW trend until another couple of days. Snow will be sticking instantly around here with all the cold we have in place now. Sure will be nice tracking a storm we don't have to worry about the cold making it over the mountains in time to catch the precip. Like QC said ratios around CLT and the WNC would be sweet. Not your typical 10:1

Yep, we said yesterday that day 6/7 looked nice, just need to sharpen the trough a little and your post summed it up well.  See, I can be positive, just don't think it will snow in RDU, probably N/S/E/W of us, but not here.

Haha!  Probably right...but only if Widre drives over.  Although I really like this setup, part of me still goes back to what I said earlier about the 5/6/7 day snowstorm over your house.  There's quite a bit of wiggle room with this one, but not nearly enough to guarantee anything.  Show me this 24 hours out, and we're good.

doesn't get much better than this precip wise...

ecmwf_24_precip_se_25.png

East nc is due for a good snow storm.... if this thing moves east or weast.. e nc still.stand a good chance at accumulating snow.. I'm hopinh to the west trend to continue to get most if not all of eastern nc in play. This storm compared to last.. I'm putting my eggs in this basket.... I got a little feeling this is going to turn out good for a lot of us in the se....

East nc is due for a good snow storm.... if this thing moves east or weast.. e nc still.stand a good chance at accumulating snow.. I'm hopinh to the west trend to continue to get most if not all of eastern nc in play. This storm compared to last.. I'm putting my eggs in this basket.... I got a little feeling this is going to turn out good for a lot of us in the se....

with the broad precip shield a nw trend would only help those in central/western sc/nc while keeping the coast and eastern carolinas under substantial precip.

Again here is RAH's statement:

CURRENTLY NWP GUIDANCE KEEPS THE SUBSEQUENT

CYCLOGENESIS OFFSHORE AND CENTRAL NC DRY BUT THIS PATTERN MAY BEGIN

TRENDING WESTWARD AND PROVIDE THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY FOR A MORE

VIGOROUS CYCLONE NEAR OUR LATITUDE TO COMBINE MOISTURE WITH WITH THE

COLD AIR. -BLAES

Exactly what it did at 6z and 12z today.

Great call by RAH,sit back and watch.

Although, I'd say with the infamous "NW trend", if this trends 200 or so miles NW, Atlanta and N. Georgia would be in the 'sweet spot'.

Would be awesome, although it would be pretty funny that my grandparents down in Panama City would get more snow than I would :lmao:

with the broad precip shield a nw trend would only help those in central/western sc/nc while keeping the coast and eastern carolinas under substantial precip.

I thought the problem was with a NW trend, this means the low itself moves NW which means the warm air coming from the tropics expands west also...wouldn't that begin to put them in danger of just having rain?

Which is funny, because by now he would normally be harping on how bad the GFS is at this range with east coast winter storms.

His most recent post is confusing.  It was posted clearly after the 12Z Euro came out, but it references the 0Z as if he hadn't seen the 12Z when he wrote it.

Archived