Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28-2/1: Multiple winter storm threats per models

GaWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this isn't going to cut and run up the Apps, or run up I-95, unless the models are all wrong about the trough placement or depth, odds are this misses SE, which I guess is good news. Although, I would bet anything we don't see snow from this, but it will be fun to watch it fall apart.

when was the last time a storm went up 95?

If I had a concern at this point it would be for coastal areas. This is a great sign, IMO, for the Piedmont of NC. I suspect the GFS will climb aboard in another day or two.

Rough estimate would be about an inch of snow for the Piedmnont, at best.

If I had a concern at this point it would be for coastal areas. This is a great sign, IMO, for the Piedmont of NC. I suspect the GFS will climb aboard in another day or two.

Rough estimate would be about an inch of snow for the Piedmnont, at best.

Lol no 3-6 verbatim on the Euro

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Get a little more separation from the primary jet to allow the s/w trough axis to go negative and we'd be measuring snow in feet.

My 48 hour snowstorm?  Seriously, a few small changes either way can make some pretty big differences here.  It's been a long while since we've had a storm develop along an arctic front after it has moved through the area.

We were just talking yesterday about this exact same scenario -- it's uncanny -- the Euro showing fantasy storms at this range, only to cave to the GFS, which was showing dry.  This will be a good test of that.

Yep, we said yesterday that day 6/7 looked nice, just need to sharpen the trough a little and your post summed it up well.  See, I can be positive, just don't think it will snow in RDU, probably N/S/E/W of us, but not here.

Archived