joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man its incredible how wintery 1-2" looks after this past month.

And to think the Co-Op averages 1.8" a day right now, with the snowboard around 2.3" per day. Those must be wrong, but that's what the math says for this time of January.

Enjoy the snow u got, skiing is decent, just imagine if you worked at bolton or smuggs, ice ice baby.

I think it maybe (hopefully) early February when things really get back to average for u , but hopefully you get the clipper or two weekly to tie u over. Bc damn its gonna get bitter cold before you get into any pattern mansfield considers "snowy"

I'm confused about the timing of this next arctic fropa and any windex type event.  Read both Grey Maines discussion and Boston discussion.  What time would snow squalls associated with the front move through VT and NH?   This evening, late tonight or tomorrow AM????

Only 3" from the event just ending.

Event totals: 1.8” Snow/0.04” L.E.

There was 1.4” of snow today since the 6:00 A.M. snowboard clearing, although the bulk of that was in those first couple of hours when the heavier snow was here.  As of roughly 30 minutes ago however, light snow began again with this next push of moisture:

19JAN14A.gif

Details from the 12:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.03 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 46.7

Snow Density: 2.1% H2O

Temperature: 32.7 F

Sky: Light snow (1-4 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 4.5 inches

I'm confused about the timing of this next arctic fropa and any windex type event.  Read both Grey Maines discussion and Boston discussion.  What time would snow squalls associated with the front move through VT and NH?   This evening, late tonight or tomorrow AM????

Only 3" from the event just ending.

The front comes through mid morning tomorrow.

1.25" here from today's event.  Maybe a bit more with frontal passage tonight?  I'm happy...the ground is fully white again for the incoming cold.  That's all I was after this week.  Especially given the dry weather incoming and the fact that somehow I got an inch event and an inch and a quarter event in the last 3 days with a blocked flow.

I was surprised driving home that the snow actually seemed to get a bit more robust down here in town as opposed to the base area.  

1,500ft was around 1.75" when I left at 3:15pm, and I found 2.25" here at home at 750ft. 

I'm too lazy to do multiple cores for an event, so I'll just let one half of the board lay as it is and core it tomorrow after whatever falls tonight.  The other side I'll use for tonight's accums.

I will say looking around though, it is absolutely amazing how much more wintery it looks out there even after just 2" of snow.  There's no more trace of the icy garbage underneath and it all looks fresh, clinging to the trees and such.  Really quite happy we got this small snow prior to the deep freeze.  That would've been painful to have those temps with some crusty/ugly April looking snow.

Froude Number is back up at 1.0 right now.  Tonight's snow looks like a Spine jackpot and radar has been indicating that.  Hopeful for a couple new inches tomorrow morning (since 4pm when the chairlifts closed).  We've had another several tenths so far this evening in steady flurries to light snow.

Just realized that Morrisville-Stowe Airport ASOS has reported snow falling almost all the time since midnight last night except for about 3 hours.  This is more like the Northern Greens we know and love.  Still persistent -SN snow globe out there.

Froude Number is back up at 1.0 right now.  Tonight's snow looks like a Spine jackpot and radar has been indicating that.  Hopeful for a couple new inches tomorrow morning (since 4pm when the chairlifts closed).  We've had another several tenths so far this evening in steady flurries to light snow.

Just realized that Morrisville-Stowe Airport ASOS has reported snow falling almost all the time since midnight last night except for about 3 hours.  This is more like the Northern Greens we know and love.  Still persistent -SN snow globe out there.

Definitely a "wintry appeal" type of day.  I went to the movies up in Williston with my son this afternoon and the view towards the mountains,coming down Three Mile Hill looking west and French Hill looking east on the way home, featured the mountains enrobed in that familiar "fuzzy" look.  I would prefer some real snow but it was nice to see after what feels like a long time.

Absolutely dumping up here at the mountain.

I had a storm total of 3.8" at home when I left...but up here its been coming down.

At 5:15-5:30am there was 4.9" in the last 24 hours but that was an hour ago and I bet we may have had another inch in the past hour of fluffy snow.

Its about time Mansfield.

This was the 3" or so that fell overnight as of 5:15am.

So nice to see it dumping again upslope style.

Archived