SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful pictures, powderfreak.  I could never live where it's extensively flat for many reasons, but surely moments such as this are among the best.

BTV's forecast suggests several 1-3 events over the next five days, so clear sunrises will probably be in short supply.  I'll take it gladly, though.

what's up with the norlun tomorrow? Depending on if and where it develops, it has up to 5-6" progged for the mountains and over to greenvile, but nothing for the coast or slightly inland. I thought norluns targeted the coastal/inland areas the most? Does that mean those areas are expecting rain?

We will be fine, Its borderline for the coast

We will be fine, Its borderline for the coast

And yesterday was the really the first time you were starting to get a little worried about not seeing flakes for a little when we got our inch....you should know how this works so far. All you have to do is show some worry and you'll get snow shortly after.

From being jealous over an inch of my snow, to me being jealous of your coming snow haha.

And yesterday was the really the first time you were starting to get a little worried about not seeing flakes for a little when we got our inch....you should know how this works so far. All you have to do is show some worry and you'll get snow shortly after.

From being jealous over an inch of my snow, to me being jealous of your coming snow haha.

Yeah, I had been good until then, But i was starting to have some frustration, Certainly know where near the point of some, But, I don't have the luxury of some of you guys for any up slope snows being in the coastal plain so i have to have a system come along not just WNW winds, But it looks like this is going to be a pattern that will have s/w popping up with not a lot of lead time, I think that's what frustrates most on here, If they don't see modeled qpf, Then they think its going to be stormless

1/4" dusting this morning, 1st whitening since Jan 3, as the 0.2" last Saturday was gray IP/ZR. Maybe a bit more tomorrow, though my memory says that Norlun action is south or east (or both) of my place. Would be nice to have an inch or two of white gravel in place before the cold turns the ice into iron.

Yeah, I had been good until then, But i was starting to have some frustration, Certainly know where near the point of some, But, I don't have the luxury of some of you guys for any up slope snows being in the coastal plain so i have to have a system come along not just WNW winds, But it looks like this is going to be a pattern that will have s/w popping up with not a lot of lead time, I think that's what frustrates most on here, If they don't see modeled qpf, Then they think its going to be stormless

I'm just bustin' ya. We all get frustrated at some point. The thing with NW winds is we've had plenty this winter but no snow. We were talking about it today...this has been like living somewhere with that option removed for producing snowfall. And the average annual snow without that upslope feature drops like 100" to more in-line with spots like Sunday River who rely on synoptic only snows; yep, we get/got spoiled. Take away our upslope and then shaft us in the synoptic events and you see what happens to us :lol:

I'm just bustin' ya. We all get frustrated at some point. The thing with NW winds is we've had plenty this winter but no snow. We were talking about it today...this has been like living somewhere with that option removed for producing snowfall. And the average annual snow without that upslope feature drops like 100" to more in-line with spots like Sunday River who rely on synoptic only snows; yep, we get/got spoiled. Take away our upslope and then shaft us in the synoptic events and you see what happens to us :lol:

Most don't want to hear it and i guess i can relate to it somewhat because usually we get our snow, But when livelihoods for a lot of people rely on it in this sucky economy, This just compounds the issue

Nittany did you make this map just for me? I think someone at BTV is yanking my chain with this, lol.

PF, how cool is that huh? – it’s been put together just for the Waterbury/Stowe/Bolton crowd:

17JAN14A.jpg

I’m surprised that you didn’t comment on the text associated with that image, love the attitude of that BTV NWS crew:

“For those snow lovers out there -- we've got two small weather systems coming through this weekend (1st one for Saturday & the 2nd for later Sunday). Here is our current projection for the total snow by Sunday evening (in general, 2 to 5 inches). Just curious -- who out there is hoping that our current forecast is a little under done?”

Archived