• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stephan Klempner
    Newest Member
    Stephan Klempner
mreaves

NNE Winter Part 3

Yeah up sledding. I've been coming up since I was little, mostly in the summer. Never been up here for a good snowstorm.

Well, ya got it.  Have fun.  

We're definitely at a moderate clip here.  I'd venture to say we're close to dumping... Some of the radar returns along the spine just popped lit up 30-35+ dbz briefly.  Looking good upstream.

New Map!

13FEB14C.jpg

It’s nice to see some of those 18-24” areas along the spine now, that was certainly a big bump from the last map.  Our point forecast has been bumped again, so now it’s in the 12-20” range, with 15.5” on the hourly weather forecast graph.

The advisories map is now wall to wall Winter Storm Warnings, reflecting increased accumulations off to the west:

13FEB14B.jpg

It would be the LOL if this is pretty much it for C/S NH. I could see it end up as 2-3" more and then PL showers later.

That would put me at 7 or 8 inches.  We were expecting 8-12" yesterday.  Im wondering if the conveyor  belt of moisture down in E MA starts moving more NNW and NW as the storm moves north which would keep us in the QPF longer than if it stays further east

Yeah that band is making good progress our way also. I wonder if we will pivot in time to avoid the dry slot, or will there be a temporary lull.

2" on the dot so far and coming down with big flakes. Won't call them dendrites because I don't want to start that controversy again! I don't have a good view to judge visibility but I suspect it's between 1/2 and 3/4 of a mile. The State is on a delayed opening for tomorrow.

Yeah that band is making good progress our way also. I wonder if we will pivot in time to avoid the dry slot, or will there be a temporary lull.

I think we dry slot for awhile...at least for me east.  Not much to our south atm.  BTV mentioned this in their afternoon discussion but said it should fill in and be short lived.

2" on the dot so far and coming down with big flakes. Won't call them dendrites because I don't want to start that controversy again! I don't have a good view to judge visibility but I suspect it's between 1/2 and 3/4 of a mile. The State is on a delayed opening for tomorrow.

Yeah, just into that band here now.  Much bigger flake size than earlier.  Just a delayed opening?  I thought for sure they'd just pack it in for tomorrow considering the forecast.  Suits me fine when the state closes...cuts down local traffic by 75%...lol

Waterbury is getting hammered right now and Bolton.

Yeah, that area does good on SEly flow upslope...Waterbury specifically.  Between the Worcester Range to the north and the Spine to the west, that SEly flow just runs into a bunch of big terrain.  They end up with some decent orographic assist. 

You may be able to pivot there...you'll have the best chance being the furthest west.