joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January - Early February Pattern Discussion

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow is IMBY unless it's like 12 feet or something.  I'm not going to be upset if they score or anything but I'd rather it be me.  The southern VA crew has more or less secluded themselves over the years tho as people like Matt have pointed out our forum has huge disparities in winter climo so it only makes sense some of us chat with eachother more than others I suppose.  

+1

Most of us down this way have moved to a Facebook group & chat. It's just easier for immediate communication, especially considering the fact that we only have 15-20 hardcore folks.

There would be no reason to create another subforum that just a few regulars would populate. I wouldn't expect Matt or anyone else near DC to post continual updates on what the GFS shows for RIC, just like we don't do it the other way around.

Agreed- DC needs their own forum

This is why I moved away from DC. This attitude extends far beyond weather.

"Yes, I know that all the other forums are for regions and not metro areas, but we're special. Others should move around to different forums so we can have our own designated space where we can be rude/impersonal to our own clique and pretend everyone else doesn't exist."

This is why I moved away from DC. This attitude extends far beyond weather.

"Yes, I know that all the other forums are for regions and not metro areas, but we're special. Others should move around to different forums so we can have our own designated space where we can be rude/impersonal to our own clique and pretend everyone else doesn't exist."

there are logical reasons for this.

the areas inside the beltway have their own climo, which is different from richmond, and even areas just 25 miles north and south of us.

also NYC sort of has its own forum. they just include central/upper jersey. 

there are logical reasons for this.

the areas inside the beltway have their own climo, which is different from richmond, and even areas just 25 miles north and south of us.

also NYC sort of has its own forum. they just include central/upper jersey. 

Just because some metro areas may have their own forums, doesn't necessarily mean people from other regions can't comment on ours. As long as everyone stays civil for the most part and there are no imby reports from other forums, I'd welcome others to comment on trends.

Weather is too serious around here. Sheesh. 

Anyways, euro ensemble members are a big snow hit for DCA next week. Over 5" on the means and 35 members showing 2"+. 16 showing 6"+. And there are 6 12"+ mixed in there...

Talking about this forum being primarily for DC, what do the ensembles show for central MD?  Hoping more of the same.

Just because some metro areas may have their own forums, doesn't necessarily mean people from other regions can't comment on ours. As long as everyone stays civil for the most part and there are no imby reports from other forums, I'd welcome others to comment on trends.

I'm not leading the secession movement, and I agree it would suck to lose some of our valuable opinions from mets. in MD and WV, along with our favorite NOVA friends. I'm just saying, if the mid-atlantic forum is WV, MD, DE, D.C. and VA, you have very different climates in one forum. In a perfect world I see three different regions.

A- WV/Northern Maryland/Western and Northern VA

B- DC/Balt Area

C- Delmarva/East of Chesapeake.

Obviously I would miss the input of the members of these forums, but if it was to make sense on climo, this would be the way to go...

Talking about this forum being primarily for DC, what do the ensembles show for central MD?  Hoping more of the same.

Big hit everywhere. 6" on the means @ bwi and aberdeen. Lots of 6"+

There even a good spray of hits down by EZF. Tells me that the euro has a bunch of cooler solutions. Long ways out. Just pointing it out for reference as we go forward. For whatever reason, the 12z eps really likes this one. We can only hope. 

Yeah...I think it is a close call...that radar pic is from 1/25/00...but there is some evidence the precip gets real close or at least here in minor amounts

A close all for an inch is not a close call. It's an eternity from giving us useful snow

Archived