Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014 Pt II

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on a hazmat truck fire since 8. Ended up calling crash unit with special foam to put out fire

Estimate 3-4" in Orrtanna

i saw that.

Why didn't they call CC Foam Task Force?

as we discussed days ago, i think Franklin, Adams York, Lancaster and far southern Cuumberland will do well. i'm liking my call the other day, Harrisburg Proper, 3-5"

i saw that.

Why didn't they call CC Foam Task Force?

as we discussed days ago, i think Franklin, Adams York, Lancaster and far southern Cuumberland will do well. i'm liking my call the other day, Harrisburg Proper, 3-5"

We had class a foam on it with 2 handlines then there was an explosion and we all pulled back. There was a pink flammable liquid leaking out the back. Crazy

Snow really picking up in western Adams

Eric Horst said dry air is killing the storm in Central PA. Lancaster is the gradient zone...north and west of there, I guess he's calling it off.

Look at the radar, you'll see a massive dryslot that goes through Lancaster County up toward Pottsville. It appears to be a) growing and b ) moving westward.

Well...that band west of me reached out and kissed the area then promptly proceeded to disintegrate.  Will there be others yet to come around here??

So far, close to 2.5" here with a fair amount of blowing snow already.  Yet to see big flakes.  Been the pixie flakes which now have decreased to no better than moderate.  Temp very slowly decreasing now down to 20.5.  Like superstorm just mentioned the sun is also dimly visible here at the moment.

Eric Horst said dry air is killing the storm in Central PA. Lancaster is the gradient zone...north and west of there, I guess he's calling it off.

Yep.  I got my inch up here but I don't think too much more than that.  Was really hoping for 2" or so to cover everything and enhance the cold weather for the rest of the week.

Maybe we will get lucky with a weak clipper Thursday and get a little more to re-whiten things.

It's practically sunny here and I'm not going that extreme yet. Lots of time still.

the high res models, especially RGEM predicted this...they had a lul in precip after the initial slug from frontogenesis before the coastal got going and threw a band back into PA east of the Susquehanna.  Most indicated that the intensity should pick up for a couple hours before it all slides east this afternoon.  How long we get into that band will determine if this is significant or not.  

the high res models, especially RGEM predicted this...they had a lul in precip after the initial slug from frontogenesis before the coastal got going and threw a band back into PA east of the Susquehanna.  Most indicated that the intensity should pick up for a couple hours before it all slides east this afternoon.  How long we get into that band will determine if this is significant or not.  

Well, what's significant here right now is the wind which just gusted to 25mph and caused massive blowing of the snow.  Also, latest frames from radar show a new band forming almost over me.  Wonder if it grows beyond 15 dbz?  Just light snow at the moment with small flakes.

Got about 1.1" here so far today. Rates have struggled for the most part. Seems to be a bit of a surge in steadier snow in Huntingdon, Fulton, and Franklin counties. Best echoes seem to be residing along the I-70 corridor in MD via LWX radar, but still solid along all the central southern tier counties in PA back to the ones below Pittsburgh. Not overly concerned about the Lower Sus Valley busting low at this point. 

Archived