Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014 Pt II

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much dry air. Since your in the east maybe you can squeeze out another few inches. If your N and W o I-81 looks like the snow event is mostly over.   

Yeah, I remember, I think it was the Boxing Day storm when all those heavy echos were moving north and the dry air just ate them up at the Blue Mountain. I wonder if this will be a similar situation.

If you look at regional radar, the snow is expanding to your south. Hard to say if it makes it up your way. 

See my reply above. Sometimes it does,sometimes it doesn't. Even if it does, it'll probably be too little, too late.

Ever-so-slightly OT at the moment but has anyone looked at the 12z GFS?  Incredible and persistent cold through the entire 15 days with multiple nights below zero (KCXY) and out in la-la land a radiational low temp of -11F two weeks from tomorrow.

One of the most impressive things is that from this point forward temps get no higher than the teens until next Saturday afternoon.  I'm not so sure I can ever remember that many consecutive days with highs below 20F.

BTW...back on topic...I almost have heavy snow now with big flakes.  The band has reached me...lol.

Ever-so-slightly OT at the moment but has anyone looked at the 12z GFS?  Incredible and persistent cold through the entire 15 days with multiple nights below zero (KCXY) and out in la-la land a radiational low temp of -11F 2 weeks from today.

One of the most impressive things is that from this point forward temps get no higher than the teens until next Saturday afternoon.  I'm not so sure I can ever remember that many consecutive days with highs below 20F.

BTW...back on topic...I almost have heavy snow now with big flakes.  The band has reached me...lol.

And it's active too. I see a lot of what those guys on PhillyWx were talking about with the more active pattern. 

Ever-so-slightly OT at the moment but has anyone looked at the 12z GFS?  Incredible and persistent cold through the entire 15 days with multiple nights below zero (KCXY) and out in la-la land a radiational low temp of -11F two weeks from tomorrow.

Looks awesome.  Drops -20°C 850s into PA multiple times with a number of snow threats.  Deep winter in the heart of winter.

I wasn't expecting much from this storm here in Altoona...got around 1.5 inches or so.  My thinking is like Jaime's: I think we get our big one in February or early march,while the New York forum weenies, see a wind driven rain storm.  Now I probably just jinxed us lol.

Archived