joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 13-14 Photo thread

snowfan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The little one enjoyed playing in the snow this morning while refusing to wear gloves. I'm sure the cold that will hit her in a day or two will be fun to deal with. Heh - I never wore gloves when I was younger. Always came in from a day playing in the snow with wet clothes and lobster colored hands.

11756598766_bc1f8b70c9_z.jpg

For the DC folks......would love to get into town sometime soon to take pics. Would I just be better off taking metro in rather than trying to find a place to park?

Prob depends on where and when you are going. I don't have a car so I always metro or cab. This time of year and especially on a cold day you should be able to find parking near the Tidal Basin and Capitol without too much trouble. The Mall is always a little trickier but around l'enfant usually doable with some work.

Union Station is a pretty short walk to the Capitol and Smithsonian is always a good option too.

Nice photos weenies. Matt, the bench one is perfect. das, you have a great backyard, reminds me of our old one when we lived in NH

CAPE, that first one is awesome, love it

Thanks. The snow geese love it here in winter, and they love yanking up that winter wheat. Poor farmers. That shot was taken right out in front of my place. I should have taken more but it was brutal out there in that wind yesterday.

Nice photos weenies. Matt, the bench one is perfect. das, you have a great backyard, reminds me of our old one when we lived in NH

CAPE, that first one is awesome, love it

Thanks Dave!!!

Thanks. The snow geese love it here in winter, and they love yanking up that winter wheat. Poor farmers. That shot was taken right out in front of my place. I should have taken more but it was brutal out there in that wind yesterday.

Awesome Snow geese photo!

Snowy plus spooky

Very cool photos!

Dammit, Kay. You stole my idea. I was going to do a trip to our local cemetery this morning bu couldn't get myself out of bed.

Instead I slept in and went to the Union Craft Brewery. I'm never going to amount to anything because of my weakness to having fun with alcohol.

Lol.  There's always tomorrow. ;)

heres the view from my bedroom balcony , I live in sparrows point md on the bay, notice the ice forming near my pier, I haven't seen ice   in 3 years on the bay here  lol........

Nice photo!  

The little one enjoyed playing in the snow this morning while refusing to wear gloves. I'm sure the cold that will hit her in a day or two will be fun to deal with. Heh - I never wore gloves when I was younger. Always came in from a day playing in the snow with wet clothes and lobster colored hands.

11756598766_bc1f8b70c9_z.jpg

Best photo yet. Adorable!

Pretty happy with how this turned out. I should have took a monopod/tripod but shot this handheld. ISO at 3200 and exposure at 1/6 sec.  Amazing how high ISO can go now without getting too grainy.

Good point about high ISO photos these days.  I've noticed that pictures taken at ISO3200 can come out quite well, especially if exposed well enough.  The noise reduction processing done in-camera now is pretty good.  The larger sensor on a DSLR helps some extra with that, but it's true even on a higher end point-and-shoot.

Great pics from everyone, by the way!

She's beautiful! Looks like something out of a magazine.

Definitely enjoying the pics, all. Hope we'll have more batches in our subforum in the not too distant future.

Nice pictures, everyone.  I need to get rich so I can have a house on the water and one up in jonjon land.

nw, in my case I did not need to be rich to have a house on the water...but said house is a tiny cottage. Would not mind having same in jonjon land. And one in Pikesville, for the deli and good bagels.

Definitely enjoying the pics, all. Hope we'll have more batches in our subforum in the not too distant future.

nw, in my case I did not need to be rich to have a house on the water...but said house is a tiny cottage. Would not mind having same in jonjon land. And one in Pikesville, for the deli and good bagels.

Now I know you're just being nice!  But as far as I am concerned, any house on the waters of the bay and tribs is a castle in my book.  I can't get enough of the Chesapeake.  I've thought about investing in retirement property somewhere, but besides money, a big problem for me is where would I buy?  In the spring I get very excited about summer and want something on the water, and then in the fall I get excited about winter and want to find something in the mountains.  I've resigned myself to weekend trips whenever possible, which is probably the best decision for someone that can't make a decision.  :)

Now I know you're just being nice!  But as far as I am concerned, any house on the waters of the bay and tribs is a castle in my book.  I can't get enough of the Chesapeake.  I've thought about investing in retirement property somewhere, but besides money, a big problem for me is where would I buy?  In the spring I get very excited about summer and want something on the water, and then in the fall I get excited about winter and want to find something in the mountains.  I've resigned myself to weekend trips whenever possible, which is probably the best decision for someone that can't make a decision.  :)

Not just being nice. Readily available decent bagels and smoked whitefish is nothing to scoff at!

And for a pic - frozen inlet/lake nearby, from yesterday:

post-6981-0-12883100-1388941463_thumb.jp

Not just being nice. Readily available decent bagels and smoked whitefish is nothing to scoff at!

And for a pic - frozen inlet/lake nearby, from yesterday:

You should have some serious ice build up after the cold blasts this week. BTW nothing like a great bagel. when I moved up here 5 years nobody heard of a bagel with lox and cream cheese. My wife loves whitefish salad and I love lox so anytime we want some I have go down to Owings Mills/Pikesville to get some.

You should have some serious ice build up after the cold blasts this week. BTW nothing like a great bagel. when I moved up here 5 years nobody heard of a bagel with lox and cream cheese. My wife loves whitefish salad and I love lox so anytime we want some I have go down to Owings Mills/Pikesville to get some.

Where are you that no one has heard of bagels and lox? Siberia?

Archived