joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 13-14 Photo thread

snowfan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capitol this eve.. semi standard shot but mainly hiding the Christmas tree they are taking down and have a truck parked under. Haven't seen fresh ice there before, only been there for Snowmageddon when it's cold .. was snowcovered for that.  Could see water freezing on the edge of the ice shelf.  I had to force myself out.. in the past the snow total wouldn't have reached my benchmark.  That's often the dilemma here.. why go to the mall when the neighborhoods around me get more snow. ;)

11743545776_94b36edd6c_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianlivingston/11743545776/

Not Ianesque photos, but after work braved the cold and walked from Union Station to the Capitol to the Mall to the Smithsonian Metro stop. It was windy and cold, wow. Only had my small Nikon point and shoot with me, coming from work.

That is a beautiful photo you took there Ian. Great color in it.

Union Station, DC

Small park to the north of the US Capitol

Wish I had my good camera for this one. shows how cold it is, with snow and icicles on the light and street sign

Capitol

We probably just missed eachother.. I did almost the same route but I turned back and went back to Union Station. I was dragging... As soon as I got like a block away from Union Station it felt like a mistake lol. That place was a sheet of ice in spots.

We probably just missed eachother.. I did almost the same route but I turned back and went back to Union Station. I was dragging... As soon as I got like a block away from Union Station it felt like a mistake lol. That place was a sheet of ice in spots.

I was long gone Im sure. I got on the metro to head back here around 330pm. Yeah walking along the mall was pretty slick. all the tourists were having fun "skating" on the ice. I wish I had my winter hat and gloves, I had nothing but my long coat. By the time I was waiting for the orange line on the platform, I was feeling a little light headed, LOL. Maybe pushed it to long outside.

I was long gone Im sure. I got on the metro to head back here around 330pm. Yeah walking along the mall was pretty slick. all the tourists were having fun "skating" on the ice. I wish I had my winter hat and gloves, I had nothing but my long coat. By the time I was waiting for the orange line on the platform, I was feeling a little light headed, LOL. Maybe pushed it to long outside.

Ha, I felt lightheaded going for the opposite reason. I had 4 shirts of varying thickness on including a hoodie, two scarves, three pairs of socks and a jacket plus hat. I would have had heat stroke after a while if I didn't get outside but still ended up cold. Maybe I need real winter gear. :P

Nice photos NJ. What did you think about Snowshoe? Isnt it an awesome place?

Great photos Dave!  I like the picture of the Dulles bus since I never get sick of seeing pictures taken during moderate/heavy snow.

Yeah, it easily beat Wisp in terms of skiing conditions, things to do, etc.  We liked the rental houses at Deep Creek better than the selection at Snowshoe but the view from the house at Snowshoe couldn't be beat.  We will definitely be back there next year.  

Archived