joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 13-14 Photo thread

snowfan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shots on those flakes. Macro lens with true 1:1 magnification? Extension tubes?

Thanks snowman, love your work as well.  Those were shot with the Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro, love the lens.  It is 1:1 and as a bonus you get a fantastic portrait lens as well.  I have not tried using extension tubes with it yet, but I am curious to see what that could produce.

Nice shots MDphotog. What equipment did you use? I'm looking into getting a dslr but unsure which direction to go.

Thank you VAsnowlvr82.  Those were all shot with a macro lens on a Canon 40D and Canon 7D, honestly though each brand (Canon, Nikon, Sony) are pretty close in performance and you wouldn't go wrong with any.  I would try to find somewhere where you can get your hands on the major brands, literally, so you can see how they each feel in your hands.

Thank you VAsnowlvr82. Those were all shot with a macro lens on a Canon 40D and Canon 7D, honestly though each brand (Canon, Nikon, Sony) are pretty close in performance and you wouldn't go wrong with any. I would try to find somewhere where you can get your hands on the major brands, literally, so you can see how they each feel in your hands.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks! They're common but you never really stop noticing how beautiful they are. Here's one more.

Also-very nice pics snowfan and PhotoGuy. Really liked the Annapolis street scene, snowfan.

Nice Photos! I love Great Blue Herons. There was one standing near the Chesapeake Bay at Downs Park. Lots of ice on the bay!

Nice. Assuming the river has a thin sheet of ice on it at this point? Were you standing along side Washington Blvd?

Around there it was mostly ice covered.. probably fairly thick in spots but some larger holes out near the middle in spots. Yeah, I was right next to that and pretty close to the bridge at that pt.  One of my last shots of the day. 

I saw a boat that at first I thought was a hovercraft but I'm guessing it's more like an airboat? It's a police boat.. I'll have to pull up a pic of it.

Archived