joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks to me that the radar is starting to fill in and move s/n just east of Charlottesville and further south. If this indeed happening, I think it will be west of DC and should keep you guys in the snow for a good while.

Agree with that ob/hallucination...I have some 30 dbz returns building to my SW and moving in a more N orientation...on the edge but think IAD area will remain in the game.

Agree with that ob/hallucination...I have some 30 dbz returns building to my SW and moving in a more N orientation...on the edge but think IAD area will remain in the game.

Where are you exactly. I thought you were in Leesburg.

My radar reading stinks usually but I could see even Leesburg staying in for a while yet.

To be fair, while the precise forecast has been shaky, I was able to say to my daughter on Sunday December 22nd that I didn't think it would snow until at least the Thursday after new year...  and voila...!  Magic to her, amazing capacity to model future weather to me...

It has been entirely too long since we've seen a DC street snow-covered like that. Awesome!

I'm just hoping the wind holds off long enough for my pizza to arrive and I can get out with my regular cam. ;)

Archived