joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi-Res nam has a period of radar enchancement over I-95 around 1-2am....I dont think there is going to be some massive pivot for everyone, but there is going to be some radar enhancement from the coastal...obv the best place for good banding will be east of I95, but wouldnt surprise me to see a band set up west of the beltway sometime in the next 2-3 hours

Got out of DC in the nick of time it seems. Started as a light mix and transitioned to snow, no acccu in Dc when I left at 5pm. As I went north  began to accumulate pretty quickly mostly on grass but around Baltimore on the streets. Lots of cars in ditches on 95. People just can't handle it. Up in DE we got 2.5 so far.

Anyone check out the Wakefield radar, blowed up last 20 minutes. Just need a bit more northerly component. Radar down there def looks more n/s oriented vice the sw/ne orientation up here. Easier to look for back building and the "pivot" down there and extrapolate up here in about 2 hours.

I'm already seeing a shift...cyclogenesis is happening right now...I wouldnt be surprised if we have a sub 1000mb coastal right now

Archived