• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 6-8 2014 arctic attack obs thread...

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Guilford County is bringing in maintenance personnel early to warm up buses, buildings, etc . .., which is probably why some districts have chosen the delay even though there won't be much warm up over the two hours - Will save them overtime to maintenance employees.   

I still think 5-10 is easily achievable in our area, the cold will make it over the mtns eventually. I think tonight's record is 7 or 8 at GSP, I think we break it

My temp has to drop 32 degrees to reach the forecasted low that should occur about 15 hrs from now. That will be impressive if it happens  :) 

I still think 5-10 is easily achievable in our area, the cold will make it over the mtns eventually. I think tonight's record is 7 or 8 at GSP, I think we break it

I disagree on the record breaking nature of this air mass - at least on the lee side. I will truly be surprised if we go below 10 tonight.

My temp has to drop 32 degrees to reach the forecasted low that should occur about 15 hrs from now. That will be impressive if it happens   :)

I'm in the same boat. I think it would have to drop 34 degrees (or something close) to hit the record tonight. It would be very impressive for sure - I just can't see how it will happen.

27 and steady here. Imagine it will start cooling off quickly around 500 or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're northeast of HSprings near the Pickens county line, and have dropped from 19 to 17 just in the last few minutes, with the wind also kicking back up a bit.  And it's only 2:30, couple hours yet before the sun drops below the hills.  I am sure we'll be in single digits as forecast tonight.

We're northeast of HSprings near the Pickens county line, and have dropped from 19 to 17 just in the last few minutes, with the wind also kicking back up a bit.  And it's only 2:30, couple hours yet before the sun drops below the hills.  I am sure we'll be in single digits as forecast tonight.

Local PWS has 20 with a wind chill factor of 11 to 14 (depending on wind, obviously)... 

Was going to go out and run the kids some - not likely now. :(

Archived