• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 6-8 2014 arctic attack obs thread...

Marion_NC_WX

Dropping like a rock. It hit 50 at 11:47pm and now at 12:04am it is 46. Temp should drop from here down to around 5 degrees tomorrow night. This is an event lol

Where have you been, meow man?  Missed your winter forecast.  I just hit the U turn, when from 54 to 55 to 53 in a few minutes.  T

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony,

I saw another post from you that assumed I'm in Dunwoody. Actually, I'm spending this cold spell in Hotvannah. ;)

I'm looking forward to no warmer than the 30's here on Tue. :) I've already brought some plants in and will drip outside faucets tomorrow. The other day it was only 44 here for a high with good winds and that felt frigid during a walk! I can only imagine how Tue will feel lol.

By the way, the moles never arrived here. :( But I think you said some returned to you with that 5"+ deluge.

DOwn to 39 here with light rain and gusty nw winds around 25 30

wow those are some strong winds...glad to see temps are starting to drop.  i couldnt resist staying up to watch the arctic front, how many do we get :) the front has moved through mby as well.  the winds have picked up here but nothing out of the norm (yet ha)

it is still raining, foggy and temp hasnt budged up or down more than a degree from 37.  if the cold air can get in here fast enough maybe all this moisture will get wrung out lol

Tony,

I saw another post from you that assumed I'm in Dunwoody. Actually, I'm spending this cold spell in Hotvannah. ;)

I'm looking forward to no warmer than the 30's here on Tue. :) I've already brought some plants in and will drip outside faucets tomorrow. The other day it was only 44 here for a high with good winds and that felt frigid during a walk! I can only imagine how Tue will feel lol.

By the way, the moles never arrived here. :( But I think you said some returned to you with that 5"+ deluge.

Sorry you're going to miss it!  This won't be like the derecho, but should still be cool to stand out in.  Highs in the 30's aren't bad over there, and plenty of winter to go.  You may even get a chance to make a call for Sav. again :)  Like we talked about.... 3 years in a row with the heat would have been very unusual on it's own.  I hope we can get the 30 year cold, as that will bode well for a continued more anomalous winter going foreward, compared to the last few.  I like extremes in winter.  I didn't mind the heat before Xmas, as I knew the payoff would likely be what's on our doorstep :) 

Yep, the Moles are back, I'm getting rain regularly, and now it's sleet time, lol.  Good ice cream weather for your walk once the front passes, even over there!  T

Nothing. Just a cold rain. I guess I'll stay up a few more hours to see if any of the water sticks around long enough to freeze on the roads. As of now though, it's looking like closing schools was a dumb idea. I'm not complaining though!  :thumbsup:

35 and steadily dropping

Nothing. Just a cold rain. I guess I'll stay up a few more hours to see if any of the water sticks around long enough to freeze on the roads. As of now though, it's looking like closing schools was a dumb idea. I'm not complaining though!  :thumbsup:

35 and steadily dropping

I think they closed school due to the cold, not the snow. I could be wrong though.

35 and steadily dropping

I think they closed school due to the cold, not the snow. I could be wrong though.

Also the potential icy roads. Do the roads still look wet at yall's locales?

For tomorrow? I think it's because of the fact there is a Winter Weather Advisory. Sure it's going to be in the mid 20's, but that's not awful. If they were going to close school because of cold they would probably do it on Tuesday.

Also the potential icy roads. Do the roads still look wet at yall's locales?

Not soaked, but it's wet. Might be dried up by the time it gets below 32. I'm at 34 right now. 

Never got past the fog drizzle stage here.  But it's plenty wet.  The road'll flash freeze if the freeze ever gets here.  Not overly windy and 41 at 3:30.  Kind of a bust front wise.  I'm going to bed.  T

We got a legitimate set of gully washers here just not long ago.  Out this way, it will be too much wind and little left over to possibly freeze me thinks though.   They finally put KCAE under a wind chill advisory of 0 or below.

I will say though.  For days the SREF has been empty on winter stuff here.  Now on the plume maps, it has trended up with a possibility or snow/sleet here even in KCAE.  8.62% chance of snow and 2.25% of sleet.  Earlier only one member showed any "snowfall accumulation" and now 3 do... but we are talking basically nothing at all.  Just air floaters.

Hm, we might actually see one or two flurries if anything is left Michelle.  Although this is an extreme grasp at straws.  Although the GFS members all show anything as snow of course.. 0.01.  haha  and anything wouldn't even be on radar.

Archived