Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No snow, Bears didn't make the playoffs and my beloved buckeyes lost....to top it off cae has mby in the 60's by Friday :angry:

Don't feel bad my braves choked my steelers got hot in the end and then got done wrong during chiefs and chargers I'm a snow contractor and haven't hooked a plow up yet but my Seminoles have a shot Monday. Lol

Yepp the Steelers got hosed twice in that game and I swear my Braves just quit.

Don't even get me started on my Braves.... Talk about choking. I felt sure they would go deep into the play-offs. Just sad. At least the Panthers are still alive. Even if they lose that first game, they still had a heck of a season.

Don't even get me started on my Braves.... Talk about choking. I felt sure they would go deep into the play-offs. Just sad. At least the Panthers are still alive. Even if they lose that first game, they still had a heck of a season.

Can't go far in the playoffs without an ace.  As it stands now, Washington has 3.

i read, havent earned their respect.......my approach to life is to RESPECT EVERYONE until one shows to be unworthy of that respect..

the default position of NO respect until earned  is rather strange, that says i have NO RESPECT for anyone until they meet my requirements.

and indeed the new person could KNOW what they are talking about now couldnt they

Hey Bill - I hope you know I was in no way trying to be contentious with you the other day.  I sincerely thought I was just interacting.

Hope we're cool man.

Temperatures will be on a roller coaster ride here. Torch tomorrow, Tundra Monday night - Wednesday Morning, then near 80 by next weekend?

Better get you some flannel jams for swamp swimming, and some thermal shorts for going to town :)  It is curious to me you feel like you bust high on temps, when I'm always busting low, compared to the airport, which is only 20 miles, or so, up, and it's own weather micro universe.  I still don't know where the Atl tv stations are forecasting for, but I'm often 4 or 5 degrees lower than they are, yet Accuweather is always way wrong on most every city...way warm over there, and much to cold in that other place.   Weather channel is usually too warm.  Who are all these folks forecasting for, and where?  Sure Atl is a huge sprawling mess, but it seems harder than forecasting lows for the swamp, lol.   I won't guess until I know the cold air is actuall coming, but I'll probably go a few degrees warmer unless things change.  I usually bust high on super cold snaps, though sometimes not.  P'tree city is usually right on for me when we get into 2 days out, or less.  So I go with them in the end.  Precip wise, as well as temp wise.  They ratchet down as the time comes closer, and usually get me about right, in the end, with variations, of course,  I'm using three remotes, and one is always colder, and they are all within 100 feet of each other, at the same elevation :)  And usually colder than the experiment station, which has the expensive equipment, lol, but they always get more rain than me, and they are only a few miles away via flying crows. 

We haven't heard from Absolute Zero in a while.  I hope he pops in and gives us some FFC insider lowdown!  T

Better get you some flannel jams for swamp swimming, and some thermal shorts for going to town :) It is curious to me you feel like you bust high on temps, when I'm always busting low, compared to the airport, which is only 20 miles, or so, up, and it's own weather micro universe. I still don't know where the Atl tv stations are forecasting for, but I'm often 4 or 5 degrees lower than they are, yet Accuweather is always way wrong on most every city...way warm over there, and much to cold in that other place. Weather channel is usually too warm. Who are all these folks forecasting for, and where? Sure Atl is a huge sprawling mess, but it seems harder than forecasting lows for the swamp, lol. I won't guess until I know the cold air is actuall coming, but I'll probably go a few degrees warmer unless things change. I usually bust high on super cold snaps, though sometimes not. P'tree city is usually right on for me when we get into 2 days out, or less. So I go with them in the end. Precip wise, as well as temp wise. They ratchet down as the time comes closer, and usually get me about right, in the end, with variations, of course, I'm using three remotes, and one is always colder, and they are all within 100 feet of each other, at the same elevation :) And usually colder than the experiment station, which has the expensive equipment, lol, but they always get more rain than me, and they are only a few miles away via flying crows.

We haven't heard from Absolute Zero in a while. I hope he pops in and gives us some FFC insider lowdown! T

Lol!

Yeah, never seen Accuweather get anything right. TWC usually nails our temperatures down here. NWS is always too low. It's happening again today. NWS went with 55 and TWC went with 58. It's 57 currently and sunny. For the low temperatures, I just go in between, NWS too low and TWC too high. Forecast low last night from NWS was 27 and TWC was 32. We hit 30.

Lol!

Yeah, never seen Accuweather get anything right. TWC usually nails our temperatures down here. NWS is always too low. It's happening again today. NWS went with 55 and TWC went with 58. It's 57 currently and sunny. For the low temperatures, I just go in between, NWS too low and TWC too high. Forecast low last night from NWS was 27 and TWC was 32. We hit 30.

Anyone watch the weather nation channel on directtv? I'm curious to see how accurate they are with this one.

Anywho, anyone else planning to do some water experiments and stuff monday night/tue morning? Growing up I used to love doing them whenever it got really cold. Watching water freeze right in front of your eyes is pretty cool.

Anyone watch the weather nation channel on directtv? I'm curious to see how accurate they are with this one.

Anywho, anyone else planning to do some water experiments and stuff monday night/tue morning? Growing up I used to love doing them whenever it got really cold. Watching water freeze right in front of your eyes is pretty cool.

Yeah I plan on doing a couple Lookout, cold like this doesn't come around very often so us weather nerds got to take full advantage.  Do you have an suggestions??

How long have they been on Direct tv? Ive noticed its been about a month since the channels changed. 361 was an infomerricial station but was replace by WN.

Not gonna be cold enough here, but I've enjoyed watching everyone's videos on fb   :)   

I see the weenies are still being rounded up :lol:  :weight_lift:

Yeah I plan on doing a couple Lookout, cold like this doesn't come around very often so us weather nerds got to take full advantage.  Do you have an suggestions??

When I was younger I used to like spraying the deck with water on really cold nights. Get enough of a glaze and it turns into a skating rink. Was fun back in the day.

In my youth, I used to blow bubbles into the frigid air and watch them freeze.  The bubbles would shatter like a Christmas ornament when you poked them.

I've been making hand made paper for years.  Mostly dinosaurs, but in the 90's I was doing a lot of abstract stuff, and I made ice paper when it got under 10.  Has to be under ten, but I can throw the wet pulp out, and spray it with dye mixed with water, and it will flash freeze, and occasionally the dye and water will do some amazing things.  I try to get multi colored crystal growth to show in the dried paper, but it's tricky, and I can usually only go for 2 or 3 hours before I have to call it.  I'll fill a 50 gal garbage can with pulp, and lay sheets of plastic covered plywood out in the yard, and do my "way too cold for idiots" ice dance.  Some times I'll get on the roof to look at what I've got, because you just can't see 4x8's laying on the ground from far enough away.  My neighbors knew I was a loony, but left me alone.  Now I'm secluded, and much older, so if I screw up and hurt myself, I may get to enjoy the cold out in it all night, lol.  Cold air like this is so rare you just have to enjoy it for all your worth, or it's just a waste.  My neighbors wife used to keep their house so hot, she'd wear shorts all winter, and there I am out in the yard at 2am doing my hand made paper dance, and climbing up on the roof,  and it's 6 degrees, lol.  Talk about opposite views of the cold, lol.  I never let a chance like this go past without fully participating :thumbsup:

Archived