Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the SE Crew does a pretty good job at welcoming new posters. I, for one, try to welcome everyone when they first post. I do miss a few, especially when we are busy. Heck.....I believe I've even welcomed banned members sock accounts :lol:

When I first joined eastern I started a winter outlook thread outlining the SE. My research was solid, well written and easy to understand(graded a B at the end of the winter), but it didn't stop the bashing I got from trix   :lol:   Because I was outspoken most thought I was a guy even though my profile stated I was female and from that trix decided I was a troll. I didn't back down, didn't use any foul language, didn't loose my temper and continued to state my case. It wasn't long before I was accepted as a good person/poster and even trix said in the end to give me a chance. This was way back in the day, long before subforums, and where everything was posted on the main page. Because of this, I have honestly tried my best to welcome every new member and encourage them to post. Here in the SE forum we have more female posters that post on a regular basis than any other region and I really believe it is because as a group we do try to welcome everyone and encourage them to post :hug:

thanks for the responses......i am not a politician and not seeking acceptance from any group or clique...just here to learn about coming weather conditions and share any info i may have that adds to the discussions.......observations of the real world are what i fell would be my contribution and i cant really add to any model discussions other than they change almost every run and none can be taken as what will for certain occur.

i will add if i am expected to bow to certain folks here or get attacked then fire away because i aint bowing.

No one has said this or anything close to this. Is this what you took from the comments above? Because I'm sure that no reasonable member of this forum expects that.

Why, are all of these kuckleheads coming out of the woodwork? We've always had to deal with the one-off every now and again. And it's ok to screw around once in a while. But what in the world is going on?

No clue, as Chris stated, just best to ignore and hit the report button when you see objectionable content, or the much more common derailment.  Granted, this was kinda of busy week with a couple folks earning the distinction.  One in particular appears to have moved, undergone a sex change, had a child, moved again (this time to the mountains), and lord knows what else.  The bloodshed in screen names getting banned is not as bad as it would appear, promise.  I do miss the weenie tags, those were fun back on Eastern watching some dude flip out in a model thread and the next night he is in the thread, exhausts the 5 posts, all with the pink oscar meyer label under the name.  It was a label, no one wanted it, and for fear of having it attached, we kept our acts together for the most part.

No clue, as Chris stated, just best to ignore and hit the report button when you see objectionable content, or the much more common derailment.  Granted, this was kinda of busy week with a couple folks getting earning the distinction.  One in particular appears to have moved, undergone a sex change, had a child, moved again (this time to the mountains), and lord knows what else.  The bloodshed in screen names getting banned is not as bad as it would appear, promise.  I do miss the weenie tags, those were fun back on Eastern watching some dude flip out in a model thread and the next night he is in the thread, exhausts the 5 posts, all with the pink oscar meyer label under the name.  It was a label, no one wanted it, and for fear of having it attached, we kept our acts together for the most part.

I miss this :(  

Yep and I helped direct. I should say I did the bulk of the writing. Concept was come with over some beers with me and two other coworkers. Those are where the best come from!

I've sent more than a few folks the "Blu" way over the last couple years.

"hey, I know this weather weenie that works for this smokeless tobacco company... help him out and smoke Blu". :P

I cant believe nobody talking much about the snow threat outside the mnts sun night. It doesn't look to be a big event but from the looks of models someone could get a surprise 1/2" or so JMO. also GSP has had in the point and click forecast for three days and hasn't budged from it!

It's being discussed.

But four inches is a really huge brain right?....Right??

Only if you use it more than once  :P  

Wow I take a couple of days off to chase my 1,5" flizzard and all hell breaks loose. Btw Michelle I resemble this.

:lol:  Glad to see you are back and I'm sure you enjoyed your flizzard  :hug:

When it's really cold like this, some men's brains apparently shrivel up like those little cocktail weenies.  Constricts the blood flow, allowing for minimal cognitive thinking :)

Natural remedies are always best, but there is alternative help if it's needed   ^_^

I know, right? Bring back the weenie tags for 5-posters.

It would have my vote :wub: 

Archived