Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing the dangerous model extrapolation game, it looks like the 12z GFS is going to come in differently re: the post arctic outbreak ZR possibility than the 6z. Incoming HP looks stonger and the vortex looks to press a bit more. We'll see where it goes.

Better than playing The Most Dangerous Game, eh? Heh heh heh...

...I'm talking about hunting humans.

I was taking my wife's parents to the doctor this morning, so I was limited in when I could respond.  I guess it for the best, although I had thought of a few responses while I was driving that will now go unused.  :)  I appreciate you all having my back.  

Same guy.....1300m isn't banned(yet), but he left after becoming butthurt trying to troll. Briercreek/Snow86 and his first screen name(I forgot what it is off hand) were all banned. 

Since we're playing the name game, does anyone know who, machetemoonlight is?

Playing the dangerous model extrapolation game, it looks like the 12z GFS is going to come in differently re: the post arctic outbreak ZR possibility than the 6z. Incoming HP looks stonger and the vortex looks to press a bit more. We'll see where it goes.

Doesn't really do much of anything. It's amazing how fast that cold air books it out of here as soon as any moisture shows up....but I am happy that it is not showing a big ZR monster like the Canadian. 

Better than playing The Most Dangerous Game, eh? Heh heh heh...

...I'm talking about hunting humans.

Haha! Nice!

Doesn't really do much of anything. It's amazing how fast that cold air books it out of here as soon as any moisture shows up....but I am happy that it is not showing a big ZR monster like the Canadian.

Yeah, it worked about about the same. The energy just travels a bit too far north. Plus it's fairly weak.

I was taking my wife's parents to the doctor this morning, so I was limited in when I could respond.  I guess it for the best, although I had thought of a few responses while I was driving that will now go unused.  :)  I appreciate you all having my back.

No problem.

He is now gone   :sun:

That was Malfoy, or his twin.  That distinctive mix of condescension, superiority, and scorn has it's own particular odour.  Funny how this board ceases to be enjoyable when the enjoyable weather finally arrives, lol. 

The coming flurries, or mix, Sunday night won't be Tony's storm, as I foresaw it, not by a long, long shot, (that may well have been my 5.7 of rain),  but I'll take whatever falls, as it is always possible it's all I'll get in  a winter.  In this case I don't think that's true, but just in case nothing falls, I think it best I get buck nekked and run around the yard on Tues morn. so I can remember what cold feels like when Aug gets here, lol..... and it's screaming down on us hard!

I hope you saved some Jose, as you may need the occasional pickme up, if things get really good/bad as winter goes forward.  T

Be prepared for WXmaestro2. No telling when he will pop in.

Indeed....ugh

I'm gonna go ahead and put the weenies on notice....I'm not getting any snow, the bears didn't make the playoffs(surprise) and if my beloved Buckeyes screw around and let clemsux win tonight because our secondary is young and vulnerable....I will be taking my frustrations out on them  :lol::P  

That was Malfoy, or his twin.  That distinctive mix of condescension, superiority, and scorn has it's own particular odour.  Funny how this board ceases to be enjoyable when the enjoyable weather finally arrives, lol. 

The coming flurries, or mix, Sunday night won't be Tony's storm, as I foresaw it, not by a long, long shot, (that may well have been my 5.7 of rain),  but I'll take whatever falls, as it is always possible it's all I'll get in  a winter.  In this case I don't think that's true, but just in case nothing falls, I think it best I get buck nekked and run around the yard on Tues morn. so I can remember what cold feels like when Aug gets here, lol..... and it's screaming down on us hard!

I hope you saved some Jose, as you may need the occasional pickme up, if things get really good/bad as winter goes forward.  T

Just make sure you follow proper protocol and chant to the snow gods while you are at it :lol: 

sure wish this next storm on Sunday night would get suppressed a little so instead of it running up over the apps. it would dig a little further south and come up east of most of the area putting us on the snowy side of the storm.  I thought that usually a big dome of cold air would kinda  suppress the storm on more of a southerly track.  maybe with any luck this will change in time in our favor.   :snowing:

If we had a double high that would only ease out, flatten out,  it could act as a block...I was hoping the same thing as you...but it's too progressive.  Still, Storm gave what I think is the most prescient of thoughts the other day when he said in a progressive flow like this, there is no telling what shortwave might pop up when, and give is a storm, if the cold it still around.  So keep tuned in, because the possibles are still at work :)   And anyway, if all the good highs go to cad, instead of blasting down, then we get good zrain chances...oh, joy, lol. T

I was taking my wife's parents to the doctor this morning, so I was limited in when I could respond.  I guess it for the best, although I had thought of a few responses while I was driving that will now go unused.   :)  I appreciate you all having my back.  

To be fair, you recently made a cogent, thoughtful, yes, even insightful prediction that verified , so all your posts aren't light hearted and frivolous.  The nerve of that guy, lol.   As to your back....back hair of that magnitude is beyond frightening, like Bigfoot scary,  but I had your side...way off to the side.  I'm there for you Burns!! T

I had the same thought Tony - we are two weird guys.

Please tell me you've watched "The World's End" by now.

Whatever happened to that one guy who used to post some really funny stuff on the board? Can't remember his name but he wore those "bubba teeth" as his avatar. Anyone remember who I am talking about? The guy was a riot!

I believe his username at easternuswx was "33Rain."  He was a fellow Charlottean who was quite knowledgeable about snowstorms that occurred in Charlotte back in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  A very entertaining poster at eastern.

If we required every member to purchase at least the $25 annual package to have posting rights, it would quickly solve the problem and also keep our board at a higher professional level of posters.

My vote is for the $25 minimum, or at least the $10 level.

Non contributors should have view only status.

If we required every member to purchase at least the $25 annual package to have posting rights, it would quickly solve the problem and also keep our board at a higher professional level of posters.

We would lose half of our unemployed mets. Not everyone has $25 to spend just to post on a weather message board nor should they be charged to do so. Personally if something like this happened I would probably want to leave just on principle. 

Ummmm....no. 3 out of the 4 that have been removed purchased the annual package. Money doesn't stop stupidity  :lol: 

Archived