joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You blew it. Now I'll bet no longer thinks I believe in super heroes.

Sorry man. I was trying to keep him from getting off to a bad start. :o

On another note, I'm in a car dealership waiting to negotiate on a new car. Any advice? Should I take the first offer or wait for the little man to come out from the back?

I hate this.

On another note, I'm in a car dealership waiting to negotiate on a new car. Any advice? Should I take the first offer or wait for the little man to come out from the back?

I hate this.

Depends on the brand and trim level. Need more info.  Also are you trading something in or is it a straight up deal?

Once you get to the guy from the back( sales mgr) don't take no crap, and if its a2013, you oughta be sitting pretty! Don't be afraid to walk!! I walked out of a deal over 200$! They already had it washed and up front and they wanted to charge 200$ to put on cruise control! I said no and walked out and it created pandemonium !! They were paging people left and right

You blew it. Now I'll bet no longer thinks I believe in super heroes.

I hate this.

Argue prices all damn day. All day. Until it's closing and they really want your deal. Seriously that's the only way to do it. You will get the best price if you seem like you want to bite. You need to at least have him go to the manager and talk price and come back with an offer a few times, do that until tell manager himself explains to you how he "can't go lower or he'll lose money (lie)". When it's closing, pounce.

Depends on the brand and trim level. Need more info. Also are you trading something in or is it a straight up deal?

2013 Rav-4, trading in a 2005 Honda CR-V. Already looked up trade-in value from several sources. I'm definitely not married to the Rav-4 but figured I could get a good deal because it is a 2013.

Once you get to the guy from the back( sales mgr) don't take no crap, and if its a2013, you oughta be sitting pretty! Don't be afraid to walk!! I walked out of a deal over 200$! They already had it washed and up front and they wanted to charge 200$ to put on cruise control! I said no and walked out and it created pandemonium !! They were paging people left and right

Yeah, that's the thing....like you and Jon said, you gotta be willing to argue and leave. I'll be ready! :). They try to confuse you with Simonize and lojack and all the extra stuff and sneak all that into the price.

I hate this.

have a low number and stick to it. Dont be afraid to leave if they dont come down. Dont worry they will call you the next day.

have a low number and stick to it. Dont be afraid to leave if they dont come down. Dont worry they will call you the next day.

I looked on Truecar and got the MSRP and Invoice prices for the vehicle and add-ons that I want, as well as the average price paid in the area. That was helpful.

The guy has already gave me the "uh oh" on my trade because the AC doesn't work and one of the interior lights doesn't work. Haha! It's in great condition otherwise.

No.  That's not seeing cold.  That is seeing a thermometer. If I change the numbers does the outside temp change?  Nice try though.

I read your post over and over but that still doesn't make it any less ridiculous. Nice try though. 

P.S. If you lower your thermostat inside it makes the temperature change. Sorry, you lose.

To late now but the best method is to negotiate the best cash price with no trade.  After you know what they will actually sell the car for that is the time to say you've decide to trade on your old car.  What dealers often do when they know you are going to trade, especially on a leftover, is offer you 1 or 2 thousand above the trade in value of your old car.  Most people have looked up the value of their trade.  The higher value is supposed to make you so happy that you can't wait to sign.  What they actually did of course, is add a fraction of the discount available on a leftover 13 to your trade.  Don't stop there.  You are in a strong position.  As others have said, you have to be willing to walk. They will call you back in almost all cases.

Just went through the same thing Mon. Got a fusion energi for 4k less than the avg for my area. They came to me after closing telling me how they were losing money on the deal and all they had left was 400dealer holdback. Could have gotten it maybe if I walked but I needed the tax right off for 2013. Great car .

It's fabulously amazing how Winchester, VA is the jackpot area in every single Mid-Atlantic snowstorm, no matter the setup.  They were supposed to be fringed today and one poster there already has over 2" and it's still snowing.  :lmao:

MA overperformed for sure, especially for all there griping.  After this storm Ji will be approaching 10" on the season and they haven't even gotten to there peak time yet, granted that's 3 - 3" storms plus another small 1incher but he is at 50% of climo now on Jan 2nd.

To late now but the best method is to negotiate the best cash price with no trade. After you know what they will actually sell the car for that is the time to say you've decide to trade on your old car. What dealers often do when they know you are going to trade, especially on a leftover, is offer you 1 or 2 thousand above the trade in value of your old car. Most people have looked up the value of their trade. The higher value is supposed to make you so happy that you can't wait to sign. What they actually did of course, is add a fraction of the discount available on a leftover 13 to your trade. Don't stop there. You are in a strong position. As others have said, you have to be willing to walk. They will call you back in almost all cases.

Man this is taking forever. I'm about to get to a number I can be happy with, though. :)

Man this is taking forever. I'm about to get to a number I can be happy with, though. :)

Hang in there.  Last two things to watch for.  They will try and add all kinds of maintenance agreements, service agreements, clear coat protection, etc, etc.  Beware.  Also double check the interest rate just as you are about to sign. If your credit is reasonable it should currently be very low.

Hang in there. Last two things to watch for. They will try and add all kinds of maintenance agreements, service agreements, clear coat protection, etc, etc. Beware. Also double check the interest rate just as you are about to sign. If your credit is reasonable it should currently be very low.

Good to know. We've already been through the service agreement/add-ons stuff. And the interest rate is 0%. Good to double-check the sheet though.

Archived