• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

12z Euro joins the camp in regards to a week from now returning moisture over the cold pool that remains from our arctic blast. Given the extremity of the air that is coming, I would have to think a significant portion of North Carolina (West of Charlotte and along I-40 to GSO, Upper South Carolina) could end up with a nasty icing event...good thing this is Day 7, plenty of time for the Euro to trend warmer. However my gut feeling is that it could get nasty around here. I just don't see the air moderating that fast.

So now we have the Canadien and Euro showing something for next week. But do we believe them this far out, especially the Euro? It's done this before a few times this winter only for it to back off down the road.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets get back to some banter.  

I believe we have super heroes in the SE forum.  There have been several posters in the arctic attack thread who have stated that this cold spell will be the coldest they have seen in years.  Now I have really tried, but I have had zero success seeing cold.  It must be a super power.  I've asked some of my friends here if they can see cold, not one has the ability.  In fact, I am unaware of personally meeting anyone in my long life that claimed to be able to see cold.  The SE forum is truly a strange and wondrous place.

Lets get back to some banter.  

I believe we have super heroes in the SE forum.  There have been several posters in the arctic attack thread who have stated that this cold spell will be the coldest they have seen in years.  Now I have really tried, but I have had zero success seeing cold.  It must be a super power.  I've asked some of my friends here if they can see cold, not one has the ability.  In fact, I am unaware of personally meeting anyone in my long life that claimed to be able to see cold.  The SE forum is truly a strange and wondrous place.

It takes a special talent to read a thermometer or a station observation. Maybe with practice you can learn to do it, no?

:shiver:

... Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 6 am CST Friday... 

The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory... which is in effect until 6 am CST Friday. 

* Timing... dangerous wind chill values expected tonight... with
life threatening wind chills later this weekend into early next
week.

* Wind chill values... 25 to 35 below tonight... 40 to 60 below
later Saturday night through Monday.

Also, it's weird from work. I can now access the forums again for some reason. I can add a reply just fine. But when I go to attach an image in the post, I get the Browse button like normal. I can browse to the image like normal. But when I hit the "Attach This File" button, the Browse box clears out and it doesn't look like the image attaches. I don't get the "Add to post" option over to the right. But regardless, the image uploads. I just can't see it in the post. I can see any words that I've typed but not the image (or image text). But when I hit "Post" the image is in there. I think it's got something to do with the permissions on my work machine. Lots of sites are blocked and stuff like that.

At home, I go through the same process above, but I do get the "Add to post" option and when I click it, the image text appears in the window. It works like normal.

Weird.

Archived